LIV -Spill

Ryder and I are quietly lying on the bed, it's the last night before we go back on tour. Ten more cities and a total of twenty five shows that will kick off on Tucson and then Phoenix - the last stop Abigail will be tagging along.

"Ryder..." I trailed.

His eyes are a little heavy but answers immediately "Yeah?"

"Why me?" I croaked.

He lets out a deep exhale "Do you really wanna know?" He asks as he shifts his head to look down on me while I lay on his shoulder.

"No I absolutely don't want to know" I said sarcastically and he smiles sideways revealing his teeth and deep set dimples.

"We've met at the record shop before the one you remember" He says as if in thought.

I raised my head, sit up and stare at him confused, we've met before the time he asked for the Alman Brothers record?

He slides his body up and rests his back to the headboard. "It was three years ago I think, Klaire-" he trails hesitantly, the mention of her name clearly makes him uncomfortable and to be honest hearing her name from his lips is making my tummy feel all sorts of negative things most prominent- jealousy.

But I don't show it in my face and mustered up a smile nodding for him to continue.

"she was just starting out then, she's in Arizona for a go-see with this designer it was a big deal for her so I flew there to support her. Then after she got the job we went to the record store, you assisted us." He says like he's remembering a funny memory.

"No way I'm sure I would've remembered if I assisted a supermodel and a music superstar" I said like I'm calling his bluff.

He lets out a laugh "It was past midnight and she wasn't even a model yet back then plus I was fairly still starting out too"

"No you were a blockbuster with the girls with your first song. I would've freaked out if I did saw you" I defended again.

"I was just watching you from the corner show Klaire the records she wanted. I remember you cringing at her choices." He says laughingly.

I frown in response trying so hard to remember.

"My point is it was hilarious when you kept on trying to sway her to James Taylor records and when I approached you two and asked you about the record At Fillmore East your eyes grew wide and your face lit up and excitedly told us how good of a choice it was but in the end you said it'll probably arrive in your store after three months." Ryder says chuckling.

Broken memories of the times I was asked about that record, there really isn't a lot the one encounter with Ryder and yes, now I remember an odd couple asking for that album.

"That was you?!" I asked with my mouth opened wide.

He smirks and nods "I never got to come back until that time you freaked out"

I rested my chin on his chest and l peer up to him "You missed her that's why you came back"

He shifts his eyes to the front, staring at nothing. "Not really, I just wanted to disappear and for some reason I wanted to get that record from that store that time." he began and lets out a laugh.

"Why'd you and her break up?" I blurted out.

His eyebrows frowned deep like he remembered a bitter tasting memory, creating creases on his forehead then sighs, slowly closing his eyes.

"We met through Scoot, she was starting out in modeling and I fell for her - fast. So I went public with her immediately, her career started taking off she's on the way to the top but the fans didn't support us one bit. She left me saying her career was more important" he began retelling their story.