V - Saruman

Abigail and I are sprawled asleep around the living room with bowls of mixed junk food and empty chocolate wrappers, our bodies cooped together in a sloppy hug inside the fort we made out of sheets and pillows.

Sleep is bliss particularly if you and your best friend just watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy overnight

But then being woken up from that blissful sleep is just straight out anguish.

'Wake up sleep bug' the wicked wizard of Middle earth calls out.

Nudge. Another nudge.

"Beat it Saruman I'm not afraid of you" I reply to him swinging my sword at him.

"Ow!" He reacts and my lips pull to a contented grin.

Then I hear chuckles.

I frown confused, why is this evil wizard chuckling after I slashed his face?

Soon I feel trails of kisses across my face showering me with sudden warmth and I'm taken away from middle earth to the land of rainbows and unicorns.

A familiar scent fills my nose, the smell of cool demeter reminding me of fresh towels then subtle notes of the sea and lime sending automatic thuds in my chest and butterflies on my tummy.

My eyes spring open and instead of Saruman, I see a face of an angel grinning on top of my face.

"Good morning baby hobbit" Drew teases.

My eyes barely open but I smile back, I was clearly mistaken awhile back because this, this is bliss.

Then realization kicks in, my eyes grew wide I pushed myself up, causing him to spring his back upright and I quickly dart to exit the fort with heavy eyes and disoriented head.

Thump!

My face is now planted with the wood floor and pain begins to spread like wildfire through my body then on cue the fort comes crashing down on us, the sheets dangling slowly on top of us.

"The fuck..." Abigail groans shoving sheets away from her but falls right back to sleep.

"Sil, goodness" Drew exclaims rushing to me and sits me up.

I raise my hand to my forehead, my eyes closed. I can already feel a bruise starting to form.

"Are you ok? I'm not Saruman baby" he says with a hint of laughter he's trying to suppress.

I groan in reply muttering inaudible words under my breath as I stand up.

"Were you sleep-running?" He asks whilst holding my arms to secure me from further damaging the house.

I stop and stare at him with a pout "Morning breath" I hiss and then ran towards the staircase to my bedroom.

***

After almost dragging Abigail out of her sleep the three of us are finally at our tiny kitchen, Abigail and I with our cups of coffee while Andrew is trundling around fixing our lunch.

"Who invited you here anyway?" Abigail shrugs glaring at Andrew.

I giggle and look at her to which she rolls her eyes.

Drew tilts his head, "If I didn't come you two will be starving to death by now" He sings as he chops some bell peppers.

Gail scoffs "Please!" then gulps down her remaining coffee.

I wince knowing that had to burn her tongue and I looked at her horrified but she merely winks at me.

"When are you leaving? you're not crashing on my time" She states.

I'm idly listening to their highly entertaining exchange, they have agreed on splitting the week I have left here in Arizona, taking two days each and then leaving me alone with my mother.

It's a good thing that I really don't have any other friends but the two of them or all this would've been a lot more complicated.

"I'm not crashing on your time with my girlfriend Abigail. I'm just making sure you don't starve her to death before I get to have my turn." Andrew replies whilst flipping the omelet skillfully.

It is true either of us could cook even if our lives depended on it literally, if Andrew wasn't here and my mother's off to her whole day of work, we would've been eating instant ramen for two days.

I walk towards Drew and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind, pressing the side of my face on his back and inhaling his scent deeply.

Abigail fakes gag and gulped at my coffee.

"Hey!" I call her out.

"What? You decide on being mush balls in front of me, I need some more caffeine!" She yells back raising her hands in the air.

Andrew chuckles and then turns around and kissed the top of my head.

Soon he hands out plates to us filled with breakfast goodness even though it is one o'clock in the afternoon and then he lays his own plate and sits next to me.

"Okay so today, we're going shopping and then spa afterwards" Abigail says as she munches on her omelet.

"Mmm okay sounds good but, I really think I'm buying one top and I'm done" I reply midway sipping on my orange juice.

"Don't worry our good Mayor Anderson got us covered right Andrew?" She replies raising her eyebrows at Andrew.

I narrow my eyes at her and motion my mouth to a growl at her to which she bobs her head side to side mockingly.

Andrew lets out a silent laugh and turns his body facing me.

"Don't kill her just yet, dad insisted on it. And besides I'm not gonna let you go to Nashville without all the boots you're ever going to need." He says with a smile that shows his pearly whites.

"But..." I begin but got interrupted right away

"No buts. If you're running away to Nashville and I let you, then you let me do this for you." Andrew says in finality.

I sigh and then eye Andrew and Abigail shiftily "Fine" I finally huff out and victorious smiles creep up the both of them.

'Scheming duo this two' I thought to myself.

After eating I gather our dirty dishes and head on the sink, yes we don't have a dishwasher thank you very much.

Thank goodness Abigail approaches and begins to rinse the dishes I laid out the sink "I rinse, you soap" she sings repeatedly with one of her made up melodies.

"I'll leave that to you, I got to go to get mom. You two have fun later!" Andrew says while preparing to leave, fishing for his car keys from his jacket and when he got it, he tosses it to the air and just as he's gonna catch it, it was snatched midair by Abigail.

"I'll take that...and yes we will, thank you" She says in a high pitched voice and then spreads her other palm towards Andrew lifting one of her eyebrows.

Andrew heaves a deep exhale "Carjacked, guess I'm walking then" he says with an amused tone as he smacks his credit card flat on Gail's palm.

Gail quickly yanks it and hops to me grabbing my wrist and dragging me upstairs.

"Bye Drew Brew!" She calls out then turns back and sends an exaggerated flying kiss.

To which Drew mock catches in the air crumples and throws far as if he was throwing a football.

I giggle and look at him, mouth 'Thank you' and give him a tiny wave.

He mouths 'Love you' back and heads out the door.

I turn my head to Abigail "Drew Brew, really?" I sneer with a laugh at her.

"What? It rhymes! And I had like five seconds, not my fault you can't comprehend my humor Silver shiver" she scoffs.

"That's even worse" I reply in a horrified tone and then the two of us laugh so loud, both half snorting.