102 - Right Here

After a bliss and laughter filled getaway for all of us, where we not only took home memories and experiences but stronger forged friendship bonds we're all on board back to LA to continue on our busy careers ahead. But we vowed to do it again next year and the next and the year after that.

My reverie is snapped by a coughing Ethan coming out of the restroom wiping his nose. He's caught a cold after the party we had where he had a tiny bit more fun than anyone else- by tiny bit I mean he got totally smashed by the end of the night.

"Oh man I'm not feeling top notch one bit" He says with a croaky voice cringing as if every word was wounding his throat where his hand is clutched on massaging it to soothe the pain.

Ryder and Scoot exchanged glances while I look over worryingly to Ethan.

"Have you been taking anything? Let me get you water you need water" I said and hurriedly stood up to fetch him a bottle.

I came back and see Eli checking Ethan's temperature with furrowed brows evidently worried about him.

"You've got a fever" Eli says softly then looks over to us frowning.

"Go take the room man, rest up there's medicine in the cabinet" Rick rings out from his and Selena's couch.

Ethan nods and Eli and him walk towards the room, Scoot's following Ethan with his eyes and sighs, shifting his eyes to me and I already know what he's thinking about.

"I don't think he'll be ready for the first shows" He finally lets out then pinches the bridge of his nose with his fingers.

Yup, we're back to reality alright. All of us stay quiet no one really knows what the say- my mind is drawing blanks the start of my tour is in a day and a half, with Ethan down with a flu who is going to open for the show?

I feel my stomach turning making me slightly squirm in uneasiness and nervousness.

"Silver I'm sorry but we're gonna have to go straight to an emergency meeting with the team- I assume Ry you're coming with?" Scoot finally breaks the silence.

"Yeah I'll be there" Ryder replies casually then slides his hand up and down my arm effectively calming me down.

Scoot went on to his hectic mode taking calls after the other while the rest of us settled on a video game where Gail, Karlie, Rick and Ryder are playing.

I stared at the closed room where Ethan is resting and sighed.

"Please get better soon" I whispered under my breath.

***
The flight went by pretty quickly with all of us chatting and eating all bunch of stuff that we found on the plane, playing some scrabble and singing.

We're all waking up as the plane was about to land- we're back in LA all of us share a hug before going our separate ways. Scoot, Ryder and I shuffle into a van and we're on our way to our meeting.

"Don't worry too much- I'm sure we'll find a way" Scoot suddenly says as if seeing through my knotting tummy.

"Yeah" I said hesitantly peering up to Ryder who tightens his hold around my shoulder and kisses the top of my head.

It didn't take long and soon we're heading inside a buzzing conference room- everyone just scrambling like their houses just caught fire.

"Settle down" Scoot says but the rumbling goes on no one seemed to even noticed we just arrived.

"Settle down now" Scoot says again only this time in a louder voice successfully earning everyone's attention.

Then everyone shuffle to take their seats hurriedly saying goodbye to people they're talking on their phones to.