XLIV - Gone Rogue

The electricity of the whole stadium cheering and singing along with us is sending me so much adrenaline and happiness. The kind of feeling I can only get when I'm on stage, we did our usual set and the crowd swayed and lit up the stadium with their glow lights in the air.

Towards the end, I'm sat on a stool in the middle of the stage's long runway. I fix the mic stand and began talking to the crowd softly.

"Houston, I am so very happy today for so many reasons. First because you've all been absolutely nice to us tonight, singing and dancing with us- then because tomorrow, tomorrow my biggest dream is about to be realized" I began and the crowd cheered so loud.

I grin down and continued "I remember like it was yesterday, I packed my bags, left Arizona and went to Nashville to pursue a career in music. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that eight months later I'll be releasing an album" tears welling up my eyes in joy and the crowd began chanting my name.

"Sil-ver! Sil-ver! Sil-ver"

"Now I have a lot of people to thank and I will - throughout my life. I'm so happy right now I think I might just play you a song off of the Album" I said gleefully.

The crowd roared and the jumped up and down the guitar and piano began playing the intro

"We were both young when I first saw you.
I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.
See you make your way through the crowd
And say, "Hello."
Little did I know..."

I began, the lights and hands swaying in the air warming my heart.

"That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet."
And I was crying on the staircase
Begging you, "Please don't go."
And I said...

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby, just say "Yes""

Soon enough they began singing the chorus with me at the foot of the stage I see Scoot with a couple of men in business suits watching the performance and a woman in long pencil skirt and crisp white polo jotting down furiously on her tab.

The song ended and the eruption of the crowd doubling my euphoria. The band immediately played the intro to the next song.

"I just want you to know that at the beginning I ran off and almost stopped but You guys... you made me fearless." I said just before starting the song.

Pouring my heart and soul to the song as my eyes roam to see the crowd listen and take in the lyrics. The chorus starts and I strum my red acoustic guitar harder.

"And I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress
Fearless

So, baby, drive slow
'Til we run out of road in this one horse town
I wanna stay right here in this passenger's seat
You put your eyes on me-"

I trailed, look up the crowd with a huge smile and continued:

"Houston Texas now capture it, remember it"

The crowd cheered even louder my ears were ready to give up. Even when we were backstage my hands were shaking as me and the whole band are jumping up and down encircled in a big group hug.