XXXI - Hatchets and Apologies

Capita Records Inc.

Ms. Silver Jones,

We greatly regret that we had to end our agreement abruptly and all of us would like to extend our deepest apologies on the misguided events that happened. In light with this we'd like to let you know that you are welcome anytime to the Capita family as we've started greatly with the release of your extended play, we see a mutual potential opportunity with the chemistry between your work and Capita Records.

Attached in this mail is the prorated compensation for your participation in The Legacy Tour and the latest outstanding revenue on the release of the extended play. Hoping to hear from you soon!

With much love,

Your Capita Family

***

The letter arrived yesterday and now it's idly lying on the coffee table in our living room.

So much for family when they didn't even protect me and Scoot from scrutiny just as long as I was far far away from Ryder's name.

I made three grand on the tour they really slashed the rate in half and prorated it to the shows I did, thrifty assholes but I was really surprised with the revenue from the EP, it's enough to put me through a couple of semesters in college if I decide on returning to school instead.

Running up the stairs I'm stopped mid stride by a faint knocking on the door. I roll my eyes and run back down to the door.

"Learned how to knock suddenly?" I say in the middle of opening the door expecting Andrew to be outside.

But I think my mind is dozing off and playing tricks on my eyes. So I shake my head and laugh at myself, closing the door shut.

Then I hear knocking again. Holy Shit, it can't be.

I crack the door open slightly just to confirm what I saw outside then my mouth goes agape as the door escapes from my grasp swinging open.

But I snap out of my shock and shut the door again only to be stopped by a foot wedged in.

"Ow!"

"Go away!" I hissed and push harder.

"You gotta let me in people have been looking and you're breaking my foot!" the dreaded husky voice rings out from outside grunting.

I growl under my breath and step away from the door quickly darting to the kitchen and for some reason grabbed a spatula and raise it in front of me.

He steps inside and quickly close the door, then look around our small house. His olive eyes land on me and then chuckles.

"Are you going to murder me with a spatula?" He says while laughing.

I twitch my mouth gesturing annoyance and put the spatula down.

"No, I wouldn't murder you here. This is my house I'll do it somewhere where no one can find you" I reply with my eyes narrowed in on him.

He laughs again and points on the couch asking for permission to sit. I shake my head vigorously but he just shrugs and sits anyway.

"I'm pretty sure they'll turn the world upside down to look for my body" he says as he's scanning on the ornaments on top of the coffee table. I see his hand get nearer to the letter Capita sent me so I dart over to him and push his hand away, hiding the letter behind me.

He peers up to me lazily.

"Easy there. I know you missed me but don't prowl me" he says very slurrily.