XXXII - Abomination

I've had a peaceful afternoon, scribbling lyrics and playing guitar tunes. I'm keeping Ryder's unpleasant surprise out of my mind.

If he thinks I'll ever go back with him, well he has another thing coming.

The night is starting to bite, then I hear honking from downstairs.  I frown and drop my pen, looked out the window and see a small truck of the local grocery store right in front of our lawn.

I hurry down and open the door, a man wearing a green vest over a white shirt greets me with a smile.

"Delivery" he says cheerily.

I shift my head to look at the things his companions are unloading.

"I think you got the wrong house, we're not expecting any deliveries" I reply immediately, shaking my hand side to side.

He looks down to his paper and then his eyebrows lift a little.

"Are you Silver Jones?" he asks still looking at the paper he's holding.

"Yes that's me" I replied hesitantly.

Then he waves his hand to his companions and they started carrying the bags towards our door. As they reached the door they look at me casually expecting me to open the door wider and let them pass.

"Listen I told you we didn't order any deliveries." I reply frowning.

I didn't even know they deliver for goodness sakes!

"Well sorry but we're just here to deliver and this is the address provided" he replies waving the paper to my face.

"Bu-but I can't pay for all that!" I exclaim wide eyed looking at the clusters of shopping bags.

He chuckles and hand me the paper and a pen.

"Everything was already paid for. Please sign" he replies and then one of his companions shrugs and pushes the door putting the bags he's holding down the floor.

The other one follows and they start making rounds getting bags from our lawn and putting them inside our house.

I stare at them dumb founded and signed slowly with my mouth open.

What the hell is going on?

When they finished, I hand him the paper to which he nods and tucks it in his small folder.

"One last thing-" he says raising his finger to me gesturing for me to wait and start fishing something from his pocket.

"My little sister's a fan. Can you say hi to her?" He then asks flashing his phone sideways to me.

"Uh- okay? What's her name?" I replied in a confused tone.

"Thanks! Sherry, she's ten." He replies enthusiastically.

Then he pulls up his phone and started recording.

"Um hi Sherry!-" I began waving my hand at the camera.

"I'm Silver, I hope you're doing great!" I finish and look down my bare feet slightly embarrassed.

"Was that okay?" I ask shyly.

"Yeah it's great thank you again see you around" He says and then got inside the delivery truck.

As I was about to close the door from out of nowhere Ryder wedges himself inside, slipping sideways from me quickly.

He's wearing a beanie hiding most of his hair, a gray shirt and of course black skinny jeans.

He could almost pass as a normal person if not for his green orbs and wildly defined jaws.