XXXIV - Babysitters

"What took you so long??" Abigail shrugs whilst pushing me lightly aside and darted inside the house dragging a pink lacy baby stroller to our living room.

"Sil look, I've got this literature class but this little angel's mom needs someone to babysit her and I couldn't say no. It's only gonna be three hours I promise I'll be back right away!" She blurted out so quickly I can barely process what she's saying.

I look down the beautiful baby girl, no more than one year old staring up to me then crinkled her eyes and flash me a toothless smile. I wave to her and she raises her little arms to reach up to me.

"Oh of course I would!" I gush and get down on my knees to hold the baby's hand and give her silly faces "What's her name?"

"Rrr-Ry... But... but... Siiiilverrrrr"  she stutters and drags.

I frown in confusion and tilt my head up and look at her, her eyes are wider than I've ever seen them before and her mouth is dropped open a parrot could comfortably live in it.

"What?" I ask then follow her gaze. Then there stuck on his track gauging if he'll take another step or if Abigail is some mental asylum escapee, in the way she currently looks I couldn't blame him.

They're both staring at each other, one clueless and awkward while the other losing her mind. I sigh and step in front of Abigail blocking her view and shake her shoulders lightly.

She shakes her head quickly and her eyes meet mine.

"Is- that's... that's Ryder Crawford in your staircase" She says tentatively.

"Unfortunately... yes" I answer while turning my head to glare at Ryder.

He smirks and walks down the stairs, then take hesitant steps towards us. Abigail's still losing her mind, she looks petrified as Ryder comes closer and closer.

"Holy Shit he's real" She whispers to which I cringe my eye in reply.

"You must be Abigail, I'm Ryder" He says and extends his hands.

She visibly swoons. Abigail looks at his tattoo clad hand and gasp. Ryder chuckles a little but moves his hand closer towards her.

Oh no Gail, not you too!!

She takes it and shakes it too vigorously and if you ask me a few seconds way too long. Oh Abigail, you dork.

Then he looks at the stroller and kneels down to look at her. He automatically smiles and let her grasp his finger.

"Hello... what's your name sunshine?" He asks in a baby kind of playful tone.

"Lux. Her name is Lux" Abigal fills I'm surprised she formed a sentence. He turns to look at Gail but looks right back to the baby.

"Why... aren't you such a beauty Lux?" He says huskily and takes her out of the stroller. I take a step involuntarily, worried he might drop her but stop when I see how skilled he is in holding her.

He rocks her up and down very lightly and Lux locks his hair on her grasp and giggles.

The side of his face show their definition caused by the wide grin he's now sporting.

"Okay-" Abigail says and takes a deep breath in an attempt to get a hold of herself. "I'll leave Lux to you..." She continues pointing at me and then sliding her finger to Ryder.

"Then I expect a blow by blow details." She finishes. I eye Ryder and he bobs his shoulder up and down then quickly returning his attention to Lux.

Abigail gives me a sideways eye and gives me a quick hug then headed to the door slinging her white backpack in her shoulder then yells "And I'll kill you later Mr. Ovary Buster"