XXVII - Lies or Judgement

Rushing through the hotel lobby, I throw my satchel to my shoulder as I sprint towards the back parking. I've got two minutes before the bus leaves, with or without me. The tour manager was very clear on his last phone call to my room.

I reach the bus and climb up panting, from the mouth of the bus I see Ryder casually seated in the seat next to mine, his feet raised to the recliner in front of him. I narrow my eyes at him and stomped in quick steps.

"Took you long enough" He said as he peers up to me, shoving his phone to his tight pockets.

I eye his stretched legs sharply and he puts them down, allowing me to pass. I descend to my seat and look at him.

"Don't you have your own transport to the venue?" I spit out.

"This bus is mine too, you're the ones hitching. I could throw you out if I wasn't so nice" He replies proudly.

I growl under my breath as I shift my body to face the window and remove him from my sight. The bus started to move and to my delight Ryder's mouth is not letting out any sound.

"You're quite quick on your tracks aren't you?" He suddenly speaks, his voice has an unreadable tone. Irritation? No, it sounds like something else. Something I haven't heard from him.

I frown confused as I glare at him, he's eyebrows are furrowed in a frown.

"Wasn't that a boyfriend I saw you with in Lake Havasu?" He continues.

Then it dawned on me he's talking about Scoot and I, he thinks we're a thing. But haven't Scoot told him about what that all was for? I roll my eyes and face him.

"For a celebrity for this long, aren't you supposed to not pay attention to internet articles? And - yes and no. Well, he was but he isn't anymore. Thanks for bringing it up" I reply sarcastically.

He lets out a humorless laugh.

"I'm just saying I'm not one to judge. I just haven't pegged you to be like that kind." He says clearly trying to sound cool but I feel irritation peeking on his tone.

"I have no idea what you're talking about right now." I reply dismissively shaking my head.

He shifts and extends his arm to the edge of the window, encasing me with his arm.

"Getting Scoot manage you, playing this innocent gal from a small town with this life long dream. It's almost genius - I mean you even had me believing for a second there. But now I see you Silver Jones, I see you." He all but whispers, his voice is taunting and threatening.

My hands twitch as he finishes, I feel my jaws tighten and the back of my ears burn.

"What are you pointing out Ryder" I say lacing his name with venom.

"I mean exactly what you're thinking, you'll sleep your way to get to where you want." He says in a demeaning tone inches from my face.

Tears well up my eyes but words are failing me, nothing comes out of my mouth. His eyes are dark and hooded, angry and disappointed.

"Something wrong here?" Al's voice rings out as his towering height and muscular built tower over at Ryder's side.

A smirk grows in Ryder's face and shifts back to his seat, leaving me heaving and about to cry. I see Al's eyes land to me with concern but then shifts back to look at Ryder in a blank stare.

Ryder stands up and look at Al lazily, letting out a "Pfft" right to his face before he walks past him, hitting his shoulder with his with impact as he transfers to another seat.