LXXVII - Play the game

(Now this one I'm excited for you to read! 😁)

"Kar" I greeted surprisedly when I saw Karlie outside my door at nine in the morning.

She looks at me and smiles weakly just before she steps inside my apartment.

I closed my door behind me and followed her to the couch looking at her confused.

"Sit and tell me everything." She says flatly.

"Wha-what?" I stuttered as I descended next to her.

She gives me firm eyes following mine as I sat down.

"I leave for a few days and you're suddenly buddies with Klaire, you and Scoot kissed and Ryder's a mess. What the hell is going on?" She asks quickly.

"Oh." I said and looked at her sideways and sighed.

She widens her eyes gesturing for me to go on and then Gail comes out of her room and casually sits next to me lifting her legs to Indian sit.

"Yeah Silver do tell her" Gail says bobbing her eyebrows up and down.

I turn my head to look at her and then Karlie again before I let out a deep exhale of resignation

"My team struck a deal with Klaire's to help me out of the bad publicity the video caused" I admittedly.

Karlie furrows her eyebrows as if a thought came to her but didn't respond.

"We asked to be seen together and her retracting my supposed attacks on her in exchange of me talking publicly about our friendship and backing her up on riffs she might come across." I went on and immediately Karlie's eyes rolled and she lets out an irritated breath.

"I told her not to do it. That girl's sinister I tell you." Gail said as she rests her head to the couch's back rest.

Karlie looks at her and nods then looks at me.

"Gail's right it's never black and white with Klaire and that sounds way too simple. But more of that later now Scoot" Karlie replies moving in closer to me.

"Well you saw what happened- he just did it and told me he had a dare to finish..." I trailed as I focus my eyes down on my fiddling fingers.

"Ughhh. Scoot that idiot." She says in an irritated tone.

"That night in Whistler I may or may have not had my eyes a little open and saw him as he got up and walked towards you but then he spots me and walked towards me then whispered 'I can't really kiss her can I?' so I opened my eyes and gave him a death glare as I shook my head warningly." She continues taking both Gail and I in surprise.

"No wayyyyy!" Gail calls out with wide eyes.

Karlie closes her eyes and nods.

"But that idiot just had to" she then sneers.

"So that leads us to Ryder" she peers up eyeing me.

My heart is thudding loudly with flashbacks rushing to my mind like a tsunami.

"That leads us to Ryder... he shows up out of the blue and just punched Scoot without a word." I began with Karlie looking intently towards me.