XIV - Green Eyes

"Well he's still the golden boy of the town and he's doing pretty well with his football it seems. Talk around town is that he has a glowing future in the pros. Tell me about you" Abigail says as I watch her painting her nails through my phone screen.

I sigh and hurl myself to bed "Well, Ethan left a few weeks ago... he jetted back to London, so yeah that's a bummer. Then the band's doing pretty well we're being invited to a few events around town. Is he... um seeing someone new?" I ask hesitantly.

Staying here was what I chose so I'm sticking it out and giving it my best shot.

I've actually doubled my efforts, by joining and luckily winning a couple of town singing contests so little by little I'm actually making myself known in the country music scene here.

"I don't think so, no. And I asked about you Silver." She replies rolling her eyes.

I exhale exaggeratedly "Well, still a wreck emotionally but I'm holding up. It still just doesn't feel real for me you know, me and Andrew... it's all I've ever known." I say with a saddened tone.

"It's been three months Sil... Give yourself a chance. You'll come home in two months so pick yourself up you've got to be ready to see him again. Besides, you loved music way before you loved him" She pauses painting her nails and looks at me with concern.

Three months did pass and nothing, I've heard nothing from Andrew and nothing great happened for my music career.

Two months and I'll come back to Arizona with my head planted on the ground for my whole life.

I've successfully become the laughing stock of the town for dumping the mayor's son to be a singer at a bar.

'Delusions of grandeur... when she can't even sing.' That's what they're saying about me back home.

But I'm not gonna let a few juvenile people who knows nothing about me and my dreams stop me from chasing it.

Even if it feels like we're worlds apart.

Two months, I still have two months. I just need to work even harder.

"You're right. Now more than ever, I have everything riding on this. I gave up way too much to come home empty handed." I reply with conviction.

I need to be determined and never give up until my last day here.

Abigail grins "Atta girl. Go out there and show those gnarly labels what they're missing! Look, I love you but I gotta go. Class in an hour!" She says as she blows kisses towards the camera.

I giggle and wave my hand "Bye Gail! Love you!"

***

After winning the last rodeo singing contest I actually managed to get an invite to drop my demo at a rather established recording company.

I hailed a cab and gave him the address that they gave and after a few minutes it stopped in front of a tall building covered with huge glass.

'This is probably my last best chance of something' I thought to myself.

Pulling my satchel closer, I walk right up the revolving door.

Inside, the walls were white but one of them is decorated from top to bottom with platinum records of their artists.

I look at it in awe, wow.

Drawing my hand nearer to touch one of them, I hear someone clear her throat.

I spun my head immediately and see a friendly looking woman smiling at me.

"Hi... Are you here for someone?" She asks brightly.