XLVII - No Promises

Abigail and I are still at my hotel room laying beside each other on the fluffy bed with her trolling on people who asks her questions on twitter about me.

"Look this one wants to know if you were the most popular girl in school" she laughs loudly, hitting the bed with her hand.

I narrow my eyes at her and snatch her phone, I look at what she typed as reply and widen my eyes and reached for her when I read her reply

'The principal had to do a double take when he announced her name at graduation - that's how popular she was'

"You are dead Abigail Johnson" I sneered and went for her but she swiftly dodges my uncoordinated attack and laughs even louder.

Then the door bell suddenly rings, that must be Andrew. Apparently Abigail and her big mouth told him about what happened.

He's been here in Dallas for awhile for football training his team is going through over the break.

Abigail opens the door and his familiar face sends warming sensations inside me.

It's as if my legs move on their own I walk right to him and he smiles as he watches me go to him, without need for words we moved instinctively into a hug.

He squeezes my shoulders comfortingly and says "You are so amazing"

I let out a laugh and hit his back lightly.

"Thanks for coming Drew" I said in a cheerful tone.

"Anytime Sil. One call away." He says as we break the hug and he comes in the room.

Abigail is lounged on the sofa while watching a movie from the flatscreen TV, she looks at Drew sharply and rolls her eyes.

"Didn't I tell you nobody wants you here" she says slowly like she's talking to a little kid.

Andrew plops down next to her and ignores her completely, he stretches his legs on the table and reaches his arms up letting out an "Ahhhh"

I look at them go at it back and forth childishly like they always do when the three of us are together and a smile crept up my face.

This uncomplicated things are what I miss the most. How easy and natural everything is, with them I can just be me without pretending or hiding any part of me.

I can show them my heart and my soul and they'll love me all the same.

I joined them and the three of us mess around and snicker like we all used to in high school.

"Isn't it crazy how far the three of us have gone and how different the lives we live after high school?" Andrew asked in a thoughtful tone.

"Oh Andrew are you being sentimental on us now?" Abigail begins then she widens her eyes and mocks jaw drop "are you PMSing?" She then whispers.

The three of us chuckle loudly but Andrew's right.

"No but seriously it's true though, one day we were all in the four corners of high school, our only problem was how the hell do we skip health class? Now, Gail you've finished a year studying finance of all things, Drew well you're a foot ball hot shot aren't you" I said with a laugh.

"And you- you're name's up in lights" Abigail said with a prideful smile.

"But everything somehow stays the same when we are all back together." I finished.

Andrew raises his coke can and Abigail and I follow suit.

"To dreams and friendships" Andrew says as we clink our coke cans together.