XXI - Star Power

"Make sure everything's ready, everything's loaded yeah?" The tour manager calls out as we load into our bus.

I haven't seen Ryder yet and we're already on our way to the venue. Maybe he's hiding out on his luxury van getting a foot massage or something a typical spoiled superstar does pre-show.

"Can you believe it? It's actually happening! Come let's take a picture show off our swanky bus!" Eli half yells and we all gather near her for a groufie.

"Hey Silver, thank you again for this. This is an insane opportunity you've hooked us up" Grant says as we return to our plush seats to which I nod and give a warm smile.

The bus is customized clearly to move performers from city to city, there are twelve recliner seat that could be comfortably used as bed during the travels. There's even a pantry and a restroom at the far back.

They're definitely not being thrifty in treating their front acts, so I wonder again what made the others run from the hills.

The door opens and Scoot comes in scanning the room but quickly spotting me and smiles.

"Just checking in, we're leaving in an hour they're already setting up at the venue so when we arrive you can start your sound checks, Ryder will do his after you." He announces.

All of us nod and then he walks and sits next to my seat.

"You feeling okay?" He asks with a smile.

"Yeah, bit nervous but I can shake it off" I replied sounding more to convince myself than him. The truth is I'm terrified because this is basically make or break, a huge stepping stone add the fact that I don't want to bore Ryder's fans to death before he comes out.

"You'll do great." He said reassuringly.

"Thanks... Hey Scoot, have you seen these... well, my best friend told me about this article-" I trail half whispering.

His lips pull up to one side and nod.

"I've been told yeah. Don't worry about those... besides a little press is good right now" He answered casually.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and he seemed to catch it quickly as he shifted his body to face me.

"They're talking about you and wondering... and later when they see you at Ryder's show it'll click and they'd be so interested in you. They'd be talking about you, that's always good." He explains.

Then it made sense he's right, the whole dating thing will blow over and being a nobody trying to be somebody people talking about me is a hail Mary for me.

"You don't mind?" I asked quietly.

He shakes his head and look at me.

"Not really, I'm not the celebrity so this kind of things don't really affect me" He answers still in his casual tone like these things happen all the time.

"But the press seem to be very interested in you" I say nudging his side with my elbow and flash a coy smile.

He chuckles lightly raising his hand to his lips.

"That sort of thing happens when you get close with Ryder. Everything he does, everyone he talks to, hell anything he eats becomes people's prime interest. So to be part of his life, well the attention is included in the package deal" He explains to which I nod, I really have no idea about fame and sometimes I forget just how famous Ryder is.

That must be really hard for not only Ryder but also the people surrounding his life but it's a worth it trade off right? To be at his magnitude is a dream a lot of people never really reach.