97 - The Truth Bites

"I've got a surprise that I'm not sure if you'll like but I really hope you will." Ryder says as we walk through the tube to LAX from his private jet.

I peer my eyes up to him, my brows frowning in confusion.

"Ohkaaay- what is it?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

He chuckles and slings his arm around my shoulder, smirking.

"Now it wouldn't be a surprise if I tell you will it?" He says in an amused tone, bobbing his eyebrows up and down before ducking down to kiss the side of my head.

We reach the airport and as expected, some paparazzi were there to greet us but with all the recent events and us coming out as a couple our security details have never been tighter.

Since our relationship became public,the media's interest for both of us doubled and I didn't even knew that could happen to Ryder- I mean the kind of attention he draws has been crazy before but now it's just out of this world.

But for some reason this time, neither of us really mind it as much as we used to. I'm not entirely sure what is being said about us in the tabloids or internet articles but I have a looming feeling most of them aren't even close to reality.

Flashing lights momentarily blind us, but Ryder's hand is firmly holding mine as he leads us through the crowd of paparazzi and fans alike towards our waiting van, one paparazzi put his camera right at my face and his camera's flash stunned me making me see red and stop in my tracks.

Ryder steps back to my side sliding his hand to my arm.

"If you could not put your camera right to our faces" He says to the paparazzi that almost cost me my eyesight.

But the paparazzi ignores his request and responded with even more consecutive flashes and began calling out questions, security closed in on us and began moving us faster to the vehicle.

We climbed in the van but it the flashes does not stop in turn blinding us inside the van, we started moving and I heave a sigh of relief.

"New York and LA are the most brutal" He says looking over at me worriedly.

I force a smile and leaned my head to his shoulder, he laces his arm to envelope me with his warmth giving me the much needed comfort I need.

I don't think I'll get over the anxiety whenever it gets hectic like that with the paparazzi, it never fails to make my knees weak and my hands shake and Ryder knows this very well.

"Yeah- sorry it's just- with the recent thing with the man getting too close to me I think my anxiety over this has gotten worse" I said slightly shakily.

He turns his head to the side through the window we see a vehicle with a man with a camera sticking out of one of the windows following us.

I lowered from my seat and take cover to Ryder's side in some panic that overtook me.

Then both our vehicles stop on a red light and his camera began flashing, Ryder rolls his window down and sticks his head out.

"Hi" he calls out.

Another man puts out a camera and began filming.

"Hi Ryder how was New York?" He calls out back.

"It was great thanks, are you alright? Um-But we just got out of a flight and we'd really like to rest, if you could like stop following us that would be great" Ryder replies politely.