LXVI - Three Words (Ryder POV)

Plagued by another bad dream, my body jolted to sit up but immediately stopped when I got sight of Silver.

Her head's peacefully laid on my chest, I wrapped my arms tighter and her lips curved up to a smile.

The sight of this beautiful girl in this morning light is devouring my heart.

How is she the subject of the dreams I've been having that kept me up in unholy hours but also the only one who can take them all away?

She's starting to move and her eyes cringe a little, I know it's only a matter of time her lids will show me her pair of lethal blue eyes.

"Good morning beauty" I whispered as she opened her eyes and adjusts her vision to look at me.

She smiles that heavenly smile and her fingers traced lines on my chest.

"How long have you been awake?" She asked with her bedroom voice.

"Not long enough" I answered truthfully, I wish I had been awake longer so I could've had more time to witness her beauty.

She reaches up to the bedside table and shifts her body back next to me then nudges something in my chest.

"I think it's time to face the music." She said with a coy smile. I look down and see it's my phone she's handing me.

I heaved a deep breath and took it. No I don't want to face the music, I don't ever want to if I could.

I want us here hiding safely together like this for as long as we could, everything is slipping away I want us to stay in the little world we created for ourselves.

She began reviewing her messages and I see her eyebrows furrowed deep and let out a few sighs.

I mindlessly scroll through the notifications not bothering to even read a line when a name has caught my eye.

Klaire.

Immediately I felt all this kinds of uncomfortable feelings, she's made it clear what she thought what else does she have left to say?

I opened her message and read.

'I thought you knew better by now'

'I hope you remember this moment'

My body jolts up on its own and I hurriedly grabbed my shirt and threw it hastily through my head.

Silver's staring at me confused.

"I'll be right back" I said and jogged out the room.

'I'll fix it love' My mind whispers.

Klaire's right. For a moment of brief weakness I can't believe I jeopardized Silver's career like this.

Scoot had discussed how Capita has redirected their plans to use us as a huge PR money making stunt. They see dollar signs and as far as they're concerned my career will make it out just fine, but Silver's remain to be seen.

When all things blow over - meaning the media crushing her and I, non supporters showings, lies after lies; Capita will make their millions, everything will make us all richer.