XIX - Music & Lyrics

Feet quickly lessened to inches, he's pulling his face closer and closer to mine. His gaze on my lips cause me to involuntarily bite my lower lip as if it will help me guard it.

Why am I not making a move, it's as if he has impaled my whole body.

What the hell is Ryder doing!!! Is this really happening? Is he really-

"Good to see you two are getting along." Scoot's voice filled the room causing Ryder to stop his head's wicked movement towards me.

I exhale loudly, Ryder kept his head where it stopped and his eyes raised to mine.

"Timing's never been your good suit" Ryder says and winks then moves away and returned to his seat.

Scoot walks in further and slides down back to his seat, his eyes shifting to me.

"We have a lot to do today Silver- I can call you Silver right?" He says and gives me a warm smile.

"Yes that's alright." I answer almost mutely.

"Ryder you're free to go. I'll be working with Silver in the next two days, so if there's anything you need tell me now" He says addressing Ryder.

Ryder furrow his eyebrows as if in thought.

"Guess I'll see you both on Saturday" Ryder replies as he stands up and walks out the room.

Now that the living fish bait is gone my breathing finally returned to normal.

"I can call in a band so we can start arranging your compositions" Scoot says as he looked like he's finding a contact on his phone.

"There's a band I've been performing with... I was hoping I could play with them?" I peered up to him shyly.

It's already big enough that they got me on the tour now I'm already asking for more like a premadonna but I had to do it.

For everything The Agency opened up to me, I owe this much to them. Then I thought of Ethan, I wish he was with me here too, he would've been great but staying over a year in a foreign country couch surfing to friend's homes with minimal to no luck in music, he decided it was time to go home to London.

Sadness took over my heart at the thoughts.

"Okay, call them in we need to start immediately." Scoot says tucking his phone inside his coat.

"Thank you! It means a lot!! Are we meeting the producer later?" I asked again only this time excitedly. I mean if we're arranging my compositions aside from a band we need a producer right?

Scoot flash an amused smile and started to stand up.

"You're welcome and you're looking at him now let's go" He says as he bobbed his head gesturing for the door.

***

The Agency all came thirty minutes after Grant practically busted my ear drums over the phone when I told him the news.

I've met Eli, their new lead singer she's joining the tour saying she's more than happy to sing backups and continuously thanked me.

Scoot walks in the studio and all of their bodies stiffened.

"This is Scoot, he's Ryder's manager and he'll be helping us today in song arrangements" I say standing up and started introducing all of them one by one.

Scoot shook all of their hands like the gentleman that he is and explained the direction he wanted our sound to go.

"Does any of you have a manager? I don't want to contradict your brand or something" Scoot says as he's scribbling down his leather notebook and peers his eyes up to me.