VIII - Airplanes and Shoebox Apartments

Running my hand across my childhood bed before I head down and leave for my flight to Nashville, I don't know why I'm feeling all this nostalgia when it's only a temporary stay there.

Hundreds of talented individuals go to Nashville to pursue their dreams so to tell you honestly, I'm not really expecting much.

I guess the reason I'm doing this is I don't want to ever wonder what it could've been someday.

Downstairs Abigail, my mother and Andrew are all trotting around checking and preparing my things – things that we have checked probably ten times last night.

My heart felt warm as I watch them go at it, knowing these people truly love me unconditionally.

"You three drop everything and give me your smothering hugs!" I call out from the middle of our stairs.

Their heads turn to me and all of us run towards each other.

Abigail reaches me first and lurches her whole body to me, followed by my mother and our mushy group hug was completed by Andrew.

"Oh we love you sweetheart, we're all so going to miss you" My mother says with a shaky voice from her tears.

I hold them tighter and reply "I love you all too! Stop crying like I'm never going back!"

Abigail and Andrew chuckles as we end our hug, I see Abigail brush her hand quickly towards her eyes trying to subtly wipe a stray tear.

"Alright we got to go if you're gonna catch that flight" Andrew says as he grabs my two luggage and my guitar.

We head to Mayor Anderson's family Benz, Andrew holding my hand as we drive towards the airport.

Abigail filled the air with her animated thoughts of what I should do in Nashville and her master plan for me to get a recording deal.

The car ride was filled with laughter thanks to her, but silently I'm taking all of their faces in and burning them in my brain.

I'm memorizing how Andrew's warm hand feels on mine, how his circling thumb against my skin makes me feel.

How Abigail's voice instantly bring happiness in my heart, her crazy facial expressions that highlight what she's saying.

Then my mother's loving eyes, her smile that shows tiny wrinkles under her eyes and how just having her near me make me feel safe.

Soon we arrive at the airport, Andrew unloads my things and my mother's now giving me pointers about living on my own and how to take care of myself .

While Abigail's casually hanging to my side like a pet monkey, her arms wrapped around my neck nodding to what my mom was saying.

"Ready?" Andrew then asks emerging from the back of the car.
I pull Abigail and my mother to a hug and shower them sloppy kisses on their cheeks.

"I'll see you two soon, I love you" I say in between kisses.

Then nod at Andrew, he pulls my luggage towards the airport and I lace my arm at his.

"I'll miss you, come visit sometime?" I peer at him.

He gives me a smile as he looks down to my eyes "Of course, and I'll call every day. You be very careful in there ok? If anything, anything at all is wrong you tell me right away" he answers in a serious tone.

"I promise" I reply matching his serious tone while staring straight at his eyes.

He leans down and kisses my lips, I savor the short moment of his lips on mine.