XLII - Slip Up

We got back to the hotel after our little shopping trip and Ryder began to play some tunes, plugging his phone on to the room's entertainment equipment. He's put on classical tunes, as expected from him.

I'm really beginning to think he is a hipster disguised as a millennial pop star.

Enjoying the music while we're cooped up together on the living room couch, my head rested on his chest rising and falling, mentally following the rhythm of his steady breathing.

Then the slow song "Cry to me" started playing, from the classic movie Dirty Dancing. He moves slowly, raising me upright and holds on to my hand, his eyes are locked into mine with a glint of glee.

He stands up and pulls me with him then formed our hands into a sweet dancing position.

I laugh but let him lead me as we sway side to side with the music.

"You're crazy" I said amusedly.

"You figured that out just now?" He answers with a smirk.

I rest my head to his chest and he pulls me closer, but then our legs bump into the couch making me snap my head up.

He raises his finger to me "Hold on just a minute" he then said as he lets go of our hold.

Then he began pushing the couch away, and there my eyes widen.

"I really think you shouldn't be moving anything" I said a little stuttery, if that's even a word.

He looks up to me with eyebrows furrowed "How else are we going to dance with all of these on the way?" he replies casually and resumed pushing the furniture further.

I took a few seconds to consider but then I found myself pushing the smaller furniture out of the way.

After causing a screech fest in the room, the living room has transformed into a big space with furniture all on the walls.

He takes my hand again and we began dancing like two retarded teenagers. We for sure look the part too as neither of us is a good dancer.

We laugh at our moves, I haven't seen this side of Ryder... He looks goofy with his weird dance moves but I know I wouldn't have it any other way.

"So glad you weren't a good dancer" I said in between laughs.

"Hey!" he replies pouting his lips childishly. "I happen to have thousands screaming at my dance moves on stage" he continues with a grin.

My eyebrows shot up "Oh, was that dancing? I really thought that was more of prancing" I bit back laughing making him laugh with me.

Night is about to bite and we know our little getaway's about to end for we have a show in San Antonio Texas tomorrow.

The door bell rings and Ryder answers the door, outside the man who greeted us when we arrived here last night is standing and looking so frazzled a complete contrast of his cool and collected demeanor when I first saw him.

"Mr. Crawford, I deeply apologize but it seems that fans got wind of your location and a crowd has formed outside." He says with a nervous tone.

Ryder opens the door wider and turns to the living room, the man hesitantly steps in after him and his face visibly shows surprise once he saw our redecorating work in the suite.

"How big of a crowd are we talking about" Ryder asks while he pinches the bridge of his nose with his fingers.

The man clears his throat and although he's trying to keep it together I can see his tension a mile away.