XXIV - Hotel Rooms

We arrive at The Brown Hotel in Kentucky a low rise clearly a luxury hotel, Eli and I are assigned room mates and we're now cooped down on our king sized bed eating chocolate bars we've bought after settling our stuff in.

"Ugh I can't stand Rom Coms" Eli shrugs.

"Tell me about it" I stuck my tongue out at the flat screen TV.

Eli shifts and looks at me mischievously, I shift my head to face her and eye her skeptically.

"What?" I say wiping my hand to my face to remove possible dirt.

"Why are you waiting for the break when we can do little sneaky things right now?" She said eyeing the room's telephone.

My eyes sparkle and a grin flashed to my face, I reached for the telephone and dial the lobby.

"Brown Hotel concierge how can I assist you?" The attendant greets warmly.

"Good Evening this is Mr. Ryder Crawford's assistant, he's ready for his waxing and massage." I say formally trying so hard to bottle up my giggles. Eli shutting her mouth with her hand, her eyes squinting.

The attendant pauses for awhile, I can hear faint but rush typing of the computer keyboard.

"I'd just like to confirm when the appointment was specified?" She asked, her voice clearly confused.

"Oh, I thought you we're briefed. Mr. Crawford has waxing sessions in all his hotel visits. He doesn't like waiting so if you could send your gruffest looking professional right now, that'll save us both a lot of trouble" I reply and my voice shake a little bit towards the end as I fail to hold down my laugh.

"Understood Ma'am I'll have someone come right away" The attendant replies quickly.

"That's great. You got his room's telephone number yeah? You should call and tell him if someone's on their way up." I say in tone of giving precise instructions.

"Club Lounge three... 2513" She whispers more to herself but I scribble it down and pump my fist up in the air.

I hang the phone and look at Eli and instantaneously we both burst out with laughter.

"Oh my God Silver can you imagine his face?!" She squeals clutching on her stomach as she pull her head back while laughing.

We went back to shuffling channels and finishing the last of our chocolates, I grabbed my guitar and the two of us sing some of our set list songs this went on for about an hour and then the bell rings from the door making me and Eli look at each other.

"Room Service" The person from outside calls out.

Eli grins and darts to the door opening it and rolling the tray to our room, it has two silver domes covering huge circular plates.

I put my hand on one dome and Eli puts hers on the other, then at the same time we lift them up.

Instant bile rises up my throat at the site of what's in the plate, atop green lettuce leaves are fresh looking brains I look at Eli's plate and a gag escapes my mouth, two huge boiled ox tongues are placed neatly to each other.

My eyes trail to a note I cover the plate with the dome again and take the note.

"For your huge mouth and squirrel sized brain, eat up. - R.C."

The note read, I close my eyes in disbelief but then laughter came out of my mouth and then followed by Eli's.

***

The next day we were woken up quite early for rehearsals at the stadium, so we shuffle inside our bus. My eyes are only half opened, still yawning from Eli and I's late night talk.