84 - Her Turn

After Karlie and I's little trip I'm not so sure how to feel. I saw Ryder, I got to hold him and hear his voice but why does it feel I'm further apart from him?

"So what did you and Ry talk about?" Karlie asks while we're sitting next to each other on the car, she's dropping me off to my apartment.

We left Sweden the morning after the show as Karlie has work commitments to attend to tomorrow.

"Not much- he told me to not let anyone hold me back and not to wait for anyone." I said bitterly.

She furrows her eyebrows.

"You know... no matter how much I think I know him, a lot of times I have no idea what's in that head of his" She says slumping her back to the seat.

"Yeah-" I trailed following suit in slumping on the seat.

We reached my apartment and she hugs me tight just before I leave her car and head inside.

Deflated, I mindlessly strum my guitar and mumble words then my phone startles me I grabbed it and see my mom calling.

A smile paints on my face instantly and answered.

"Mom" I greeted.

"Honey! Why is there a realtor here saying I could move in to my new house?!" She shrieks- my mom's very soft spoken and extremely graceful so to hear her speaking this way means I did my job right.

I let out a laugh at the image of her.

"Well- listen to her and better get packing mom" I answered amused.

"What?" She asked sounding more confused, I hear the realtor I've hired laugh on the background.

"Silver Jones- you tell me what's going on right now" She then demands.

I rolled my eyes and looked up.

"You're officially leaving that duplex momma- " I said laughing.

She gasps and I hear shuffling sounds from the other line then some inaudible words from my mom- I was expecting a reaction but this is just out of my imagination.

"Honey- honey oh my thank you I love you- we'll talk more about this but the nice lady wants to talk to you." She then says like she finally snapped back to reality.

"Um- you're welcome, I love you too and okay mom" I said still very much amused.

"Hello Ms. Jones" The realtor greets.

"Hi- thank you for taking my mom by surprise" I said grinning.

"I aim to please" She began letting out a laugh.

"I'd also like to update you that I've shortlisted a few homes in LA that we could go take a look - I think you'd really like them, we might even find the one" She continues.

My body jolts in weird directions because of excitement.

"That's great! I'll sort out the dates so we can see them" I answered immediately.

"Thank you Ms. Jones, I'll send you photos of the properties for the meantime" She says then she returns the phone to my mom and true to her word- we started a thirty minute conversation about handling finances and stuff but she's very happy and to be honest, buying her a house is nowhere near the love and gratitude I wanna show her.

Days pass blazing fast with my whole team and I regrouping and starting over for the preparations for the tour- it has been hectic with all the small details we have to work on but somehow it has helped me a lot with keeping myself distracted from Ryder.