XXIII - Let the games begin

The first show wrapped and we're now at the tour kitchen for late dinner and sort of wrap celebration as the call it.

A long table is brimming with scrumptious looking food from manly steaks to delicate scallops at the far end tiers of dessert my stomach began to grumble at the sight and I might not want to admit it but my mouth involuntarily watered.

The rest of the band are already at the line holding their plates and I make my way to them a few people from the crew say hi and congratulate me and I stop to thank them and have small talk with them.

As I reached the line though I see the band are already at the front of the table so I huff out a breath in disappointment because I can't wedge in with them anymore without ruffling other people's feathers.

I took a place at the end of  the line and take out my phone, immediately dialing my mother's number.

The line didn't even ring twice and she already picked up.

"Darling!" She exclaimed making me wince a bit and move my phone away from my ear.

"Hi mom, sorry I called late the whole show just finished." I replied cheerily.

"I'm so happy for you! I just hope I was there to see you, I'll be on the lookout for videos" She replies immediately.

"Thank you mom. It was amazing, my heart felt all these kind of things. At first I thought I might pass out on stage but when I went in and started... It felt like rush... I felt-" I trail in my enthusiasm.

"Like you belonged to that stage." She finishes for me, taking me by surprise.

"Ye-yes, kinda like home" I murmur and smile.

"Tell me everything when you get back but relish every moment darling. I love you" She replies and then I hear the door of the kitchen swing open and my head rotated to the sound, in comes Ryder in a fresh white t-shirt and black skinny jeans seriously does he own a pair of jeans that isn't black?

Scoot's right behind him, the crew cheers to him giving him high fives. Ryder stopped to laugh and talk with a few. All of them seem to be really close almost like a family, it makes sense because of the long career Ryder has maybe he hires the same people on his tours which I think is quite nice.

"I will mom I got to go, I love you" I said to the phone and ended the call.

He taps the shoulder of the one he was talking to and rubs his stomach as he points to the food table, he then walks towards it but instead of falling in line he darts right at the front of the line.

"Sarah!" He beams cheerfully as he cuts in line shamelessly.

A woman apron clad comes towards him with a smile handing him a plate, the crew seem to not mind him cutting at all but with my stomach growling my blood is boiling.

"You don't fancy cutters" Scoot startles me with his voice, making me jump a little bit.

I narrow my eyes at Ryder who's now whispering something on one of the kitchen crew's ear his plate already filled with the food my mouth has been yearning.

"Shameless." I gritted through my teeth. Scoot chuckles and hands me a granola bar.

"Here, while you wait" Scoot said with a smile. I look up at him for a second and then back down to the granola bar, my stomach growls on cue so I lift my hand to take it.

"Oh peanut butter. Cheers mate" Ryder says as he snatched the bar from Scoots hand making me widen my eye, my mouth twitching in weird shapes.

He strides away with his long legs  to the table where his backup band are sat, he turns his head to us and gives me a smirk but quickly turns his head back to his food.

After a few minutes I finally have my food and I'm ready to chug it all down my throat, Scoot and I sat at the far table - now the only available table left. Why does it feel like high school all over again?

As we plat down our plates, I look at my plate and bite my lower lip excitement running through my stomach to my throat.

Scoot chuckles then takes his first bite, I start with my mashed potato and put in a spool full in mouth, cringing at the blandness it's as if I stuffed my mouth with baby food. I gulp in down and my lips turn to a straight line, Scoot looks up to me confused.

"You don't fancy your potatoes?" He asks. I look at his already half eaten and force a smile which I'm sure resembled a grimace.

"Oh no they're fine" I reply and decide to move on to the steak which looks so juicy and flavorful, begging for me to taste it.

I cut myself a good portion and plop it down my mouth. It's like my taste buds caught fire all at the same time, I feel my face already turning red. I stand up in panic causing my chair to screech and all the people turn  to look at me, hopping up and down and fanning my mouth, tears coming out of my eyes like a storm.

Scoot stands up and looks at me confused but then snaps out of it and hands me a glass of water. I stopped hopping around like a buffoon and gulp the glass straight, I let out a breath that felt like fire was coming out of it.

"Hot! Holy Shit!!!!" I exclaim as I began hopping again.

The room started chuckling and I turn my head and see Ryder watching me, smirking and obviously trying to hold his laughter. His eyes catches mine and gives me a sly smile, exposing his perfect set of teeth, deepening his dimples and stifles his laugh by biting his lower lip.

'You spawn of evil' I thought to myself as I send him a death glare.

Scoot follows my gaze and his eyes fall on Ryder to which he simply raises his glass to Scoot in a "cheers" gesture.

***

After about three glasses of milk and a spoiled hunger, my mouth finally started to feel normal I'm sprawled on our bus as we head to Kentucky. We're playing Commonwealth Stadium next, playing for over 60,000 people is quite unnerving so instead of dwelling on Ryder's childish prank and putting my head space to anger, I decide on putting all my energy on the next show for now.

"We'll get him back if you want" Al calls out from the pantry.

"Yeah something small but will irk him" Michael backs up and plops down next to my seat.

I flash him a sly smile with a glint of mischief.

"We'll have a two day break after doing the two Kentucky shows right?" I say suggestively.

"Yup" Eli replies popping the 'P'

"Alright Ryder Crawford... It's on" I mutter with a grin to which the band began high fiving each other.

Writing double chapters today because I'm so excited with the "games" between Silver and Ryder :DDDD