XX - High Profile

Today's the last day of grueling rehearsals with the band and I'm actually surprised we've sounded more and more baked than we did the first time we played Scoot's arrangements.

He not only turned my simple tunes to catchy country songs, he took them to places I've never thought of and turned them to something that blew my mind away.

"You guys are ready. I'm grateful to all of you for working hard as you did so to thank you let me buy us dinner tonight." Scoot said as we wrapped up rehearsing the last song included in our set.

"Thought you'd never ask" Grant replies with a grin while tapping Scoot's shoulder and walking towards the door.

We all head out and the band goes in their slightly beaten up van.

"Let's meet at Niu. I'll send the address right now" Scoot calls out from the door.

"Fancy!" Michael calls out and we chuckle.

"Ride with me" Scoot says addressing me.

I smile weakly and nod, then followed him to his car.

He opens the passenger door of his Range Rover and I slide in.

He circles around and climbs in, immediately starting the car making it roar to life releasing a smooth sound.

My phone buzzes and I fish it from my black skinny jeans.

I look at the screen and froze, it's Andrew.

For a few seconds I blinked rapidly making sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me. I haven't heard from him for almost four months now.

I pressed the answer button and placed the phone to my ear tentatively.

"Hello?" I said weakly.

I hear his breath release through the speaker of the phone.

"Sil... it's me- Drew" he answers.

I swallow and my heart seems at lost at what it feels. Pain, panic, excitement but mostly confusion.

"Yeah..." I replied in a breathy voice.

Scoot shifts his eyes to me briefly but quickly return them to the road.

"I miss you." Drew said.

My mind is running a thousand thoughts but my mouth refuses to say any of them.

The line went silent and I hear him once again exhale heavily through the speaker.

"Sil I'm sorry. God how do I even... I was a jerk. I'm wrong I know, I was selfish for wanting you to put me first. I know that now... I- I'm so sorry baby" He said in a quick manner as if he's about to ran out of time.

I analyze what he's saying and what I'm feeling.

Three long months he hasn't even said a single word to me but in these times all I ever wanted to hear are the exact words he's saying right now.

"It's- it's okay." I replied slowly.

"Please give me another chance. I'll do everything right this time" he pleaded.

It's feels like my heart is breaking all over again.

"I- we... I can't Drew. After everything I've realized some bigger dreams of mine. I can't go backwards, not when I decided I'm going after each one of these dreams." I reply mustering up all of my inner strength.

"No Sil please don't say that. I'll change please just... please Sil. I'm begging you please you're it for me" his voice sounding even more pleading.