XI - Cultured

"That's Al on Drums, David on Keyboards, Amos Bass player extraordinaire and Michael on banjo, guitar, keyboard you name it he'll play it. Also the most sincere, most sarcastic" Grant finishes.

I shook each of their hands and introduced myself politely.

"Did you ask her?" Al asked Grant to which Grant puts an upside down grin and shake his head.

Al shrugs and looks at me,
"I don't know about you but we liked the way we sounded tonight so wanna join us?" He asked casually.

Ethan looks at me with wide eyes and a sincere grin, the same time my mouth dropped open.

"Yo-you, Me-me? Sh-shut up!!!" I shrieked.

All of them chuckle at the same time.

"So we take the freaking out as a yes?" Michael asked in between laughter.

My head bobbed up and down like a Drake bobble head.

"What's the band called?" I asked making weird jazz fingers with my hands in excitement.

"Well, people started calling us The Agency when we started out cause we kept on wearing suits, shades with chucks, like agents so we sort of adapted it" Grant says casually.

I grin wide and nod vigorously again.

"That's brilliant" I said amusedly.

***

I am fully convinced by now that Ethan is an angel sent from above after letting me join his street performance to leading me to a band and if that wasn't enough, now he's driving me home.

"I can't say thank you enough Ethan, I mean... wow. You're amazing you know that right?" I babbled speedily.

"You're very much welcome but I'm not all that. If they were open for a male singer I would've taken it, so the spot was clearly meant to be yours" He replies softly.

"Still, thank you so so much! I'll supply you with coffee every single day and that won't even be enough" I reply and sigh.

"Anyway, I won't keep you longer. See you tomorrow!" I beamed as I exited his car and trailed towards my apartment gate.

I hurled myself to my bed, all of today's exhaustion kicking in all at the same time in lightning fast speed.

Fully aware that tomorrow, everything is gonna hurt like a bitch.

I forced myself to sleep to get in a few hours of rest to my eyes before reporting to the café tomorrow morning.

Five seconds. It felt like I closed my eyes five seconds ago, but now my phone alarm is blaring from my bedside table.

Right now I'm half stumbling and half dragging myself towards the bathroom.

When I finally reach the shower at an amazingly slow pace, I allow the cold water fully awaken me.

My head is throbbing from the lack of sleep and my shoulder's dropped like gravity is multiplied by three against it.

"The beginning's always the hardest" I mutter under my breath as a personal pep talk. 

Hurrying down the stairs I dial Andrew's number, I'm so excited to tell him about all the good news  that happened yesterday.

The phone rings and I patiently wait.

"You reached Andrew, you know what to do." The voicemail rings to my ear.

"Hey, Good Morning! Uh, I called to tell you some news so call me back when you can okay? And... I miss you, I love you baby" I spoke towards the speaker of my mobile phone and ended the call.