LXIV - New and Old

(Read the press updates they're 🔥🔥🔥 I swear!)

Andrew got discharged in the hospital shortly after being bandaged up, it's a good thing that it was only a strain and nothing serious.

I just got back home and I'm now laying on my bed, I glance up the clock and see it's twelve midnight. Thoughts of Ryder are raining down my mind, I could've been beside him now, his arms could've been wrapped around me and make me feel safe again.

Lately I feel nowhere near safe, as if I'm counting down days until someone gets to me, to us. My hand moves on its own and starts pressing on my phone. It's 2 AM where Ryder is at right now and he's probably asleep. Maybe I'll leave him a message, say sorry or tell him how much I want to be beside him.

The phone starts ringing then catching me by surprise, his voice rings out.

"Hello" he barely mumbles.

"Um- Hi, I didn't think you were up" I replied quietly.

"Silverrrr" he mumbles again but this time he sounds cheery.

I frown and slightly stare at my phone "Have you been drinking?" I asked.

"Have I been drinking... yeah I've had a few" He says slurrily.

Irritation prickles inside me but I try to keep calm and exhale.
"You sound drunk you should go back to your hotel." I said flatly.

"You sound mad. Oh-Oh no don't be mad... I'll be, I'll be good- I just... I missed you and you weren't here... and I was alone again then the bartender's really nice-" He says barely audibly.

My heart suddenly constricts, I didn't know he will be this affected by us being apart. I wish he told me instead of getting himself drunk and keeping it to himself.

"I'm not mad, I know you'll be good. I really miss you too..." I said softly, I hear him let out a series of goofy giggle making me smile down the phone. Then I hear him gulp down what I assume is some alcohol again and he lets out a groan.

"See Ryder do you want to see me now?" I asked slowly.

"Hmmhmm nothing more. Are you here???" He asks hurriedly.

"I need to tell the cab where you are so I can see you" I replied, my heart feeling deep and consecutive pangs.

"Hey- hey where am I?" He asks, his voice muffled like he's taken the phone away from his ear.

"Avenue, that's 116 10th Ave" A man calls out, I scribble the information quickly.

"The bartender said I'm in some avenue. Are you coming?" Ryder then says.

"Yeah just stay right there don't move okay?" I said softly.

"I won't, I'll wait for you right here" He says cheerily, half yelling then chuckles.

"Alright see you" I said then ended the call, immediately I dial Scoot's number.

The phone rings and rings "Come on Scoot, pick up pick up" I mutter under my breath pacing back and forth my room.

"Hello" he replies gruffly clearly just woken up from his sleep.

"Scoot hello, listen I think Ryder slipped out of your hotel" I said in an urgent tone.

"What??" He quickly replies matching my tone, I can imagine him sitting up in an instant.

"I just got off the phone with him he sounded drunk. Can you have someone get him, I'm worried" I try to stay calm but my pulse is off the roof.