Chapter 2

This isn't a very long part, but I'm editing really old chapters. They will get longer as the story progresses. 

Chapter 2

Diagon Alley

A few months had passed since Harriet had seen her Aunt and Uncle. Sirius was still taking care of her with the help of Remus. 

Today was a very important day for Harriet because it was her eleventh birthday. Sirius, being the good godfather that he was, decided to wake his goddaughter up early on her momentous eleventh birthday. Her present, besides a few small things, was her first trip to Diagon Alley. Sirius, as Padfoot, ran into the room and hopped onto Harriet’s bed. He barked, yipped and jumped till the preteen woke up.

“Padfoot, what are you doing?” she groaned whacking him with a pillow. Padfoot fell off the bed with a thump and turned back into Sirius. 

“When you’re allowed on the Quidditch team I think you should try out for a beater position,” he grumbled rubbing his head.

The young girl groped around for her glasses on the nightstand next to her bed and put them on. She blinked a few times letting her eyes adjust before laughing hysterically. “Sorry, you know better than to wake me up like that. Now, I’m going to get dressed. I’ll see you in a few minutes,” Harriet told him before pushing him out of the room.

She grabbed her clothes, a black shirt with a red flower design and a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, and ran into the bathroom across the hall from her room. She washed her face and brushed her hair and put it into a braid that reached her lower back, letting her bangs cover her scar. She placed her black rimmed glasses back on her face and looked into the mirror. She sighed, apparently she looked just like her father, but with her mother’s eyes. She gathered she was going to hear it more when she entered the wizarding world and met people who knew her parents.

“Bambi, hurry up! Remus is going to be waiting for us!” Sirius whined from downstairs. Harriet let out a snort, Remus wasn’t expecting them for another hour in Diagon Alley. Her godfather was such a child at heart.

“I’m coming, Padfoot!” She shouted as she ran down the stairs. Sirius was at the foot of the stairs holding out a small wrapped present.

“Happy birthday! This is something your father was planning on giving to you on your eleventh birthday,” he told her and placed it in her hands. 

Harriet looked at the small parcel and opened it quickly. It was a cloak made of very silky material. “This is the invisibility cloak you’ve told me about,” she whispered quietly.

“Now, you can get into all sorts of mischief at Hogwarts!” Sirius said happily as he watched his goddaughter’s reaction to her father’s cloak. 

Suddenly they heard a bang from the kitchen and a giant glob came crawling out. “What were you trying to cook this time?” Harriet shouted in frustration. Sirius continuously tried baking and cooking, but it always ended up coming alive if he put it in the oven.

“Well, it was supposed to be a cake…” he replied slightly paler at the sight of his culinary creation. It seemed to be made of half-baked chocolate cake batter and it was dripping everywhere.

Sirius pulled out his wand out and muttered a few incantations that made the cake monster imploded on itself and get it everywhere. Harriet licked a little bit of the batter off her face. “If it actually baked without coming alive it would have tasted rather good,” she commented offhandedly.

With another wave of his wand all the batter disappeared and the two made their way towards the kitchen for breakfast. Harriet grabbed the waffle iron and made waffles. Luckily, Harriet’s food didn’t come alive. They ate quickly and left for Diagon Alley where Remus was waiting for them.