Chapter 53

Sorry that I was late...again, but I was busy this weekend! Enjoy! =D

Chapter 53

Death, it Comes in Threes

After the downfall of Umbridge lots of scandals came to light in the ministry. Bellatrix’s escape being one of them. It turns out that she had escaped two years prior, but Umbridge, the woman who checked on the high security prisoners monthly, never reported her missing. Fudge’s affair with her was leaked as well, causing more issues within the ministry. The minister’s popularity was slowly fading and so was his credibility. With a few simply placed notes in the ministry people were now questioning whether Harriet Potter was truly a liar or and whether Voldemort was rising to power once more. 

But, to Harri there were more important things than her public popularity. She still had another horcrux to find in the form of a diadem, tutoring sessions, homework and quidditch practice. Her OWLs year was going to be difficult, but she figured she could handle it as long as there wasn’t someone threatening her family and friends. Of course, she still had to deal with Alya, who was still trying to kill her.

The emerald eyed Gryffindor found this very concerning. Alya had stepped up from harassing her to right out murder attempts. They got even more violent after she found out her mother had escaped, like it was Harri’s fault Bellatrix didn’t go and see if her daughter after she escaped.

The fifth year Gryffindor found herself in the library more often than not. 

Currently, Harri’s hair was sticking up in the back. She had just finished quidditch practice and it wouldn’t lie flat. Despite having grown since she started school, it now brushed her shoulders. It looked rather odd and she blamed her dad for it. The only way to stop the cursed Potter hair was with length.

The tired fifth year was studying various defense runes and spells. She wanted to prepared incase someone came after her...again. She was also looking into the diadem. She figured that Voldemort found it before he left Hogwarts, since there was no account of the object ever leaving the school. The real question was, where did he hide it?

“What are you looking at, Harri?” A dreamy voice asked from behind her. Harri nearly jumped a foot in the air as she turned around to see Luna. The fourth year Ravenclaw was giving her a sheepish grin. She was about to apologize, but Harri waved it off.

“It’s fine. I’m looking for Ravenclaw’s lost diadem. I know that it’s in Hogwarts somewhere because before Voldemort rose to power he created a dark object inside it. I need to destroy it quickly. That diadem is keeping him alive,” Harri explained and the young girl sat down next to her with a dazed look in her eyes.

“The come and go room,” she said quietly, in a voice that wasn’t her own.

“What?” Harri asked, but Luna shook her head and the dazed look disappeared.

“Did I say something?” she questioned, her blonde eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Harri shook her head and continued the conversation. “I need to find out what the come and go room is. Thank you, Luna,” Harri said, closing her books and putting them back into her bag. Luna saw an old leather bound book that she couldn’t read.

Harri saw what Luna was looking at and smiled. “Only Potter’s can read this. It’s ancient family magic. The Potters are a family of Transfiguration and Rune Masters. Merlin himself taught my ancestors. Though, with those gifts came a few curses, or so I’ve read...like unruly hair, an inclination towards red heads, double bladed luck and no daughters,” Harri told the young girl. She hadn’t really shared this with anyone. The only other people in the world that know about her ancestry are Sirius and Remus. She had never shared any of this with Hermione or Draco...she hadn’t even told George, but Luna was different.