Chapter 15

Enjoy! =)

Chapter 15

Birthday Surprises

Harri woke up to the rustling of sheets from the foot of her bed. She opened her eyes slowly and groaned, she recognized that sound anywhere, Hermione was getting ready for the day and trying to wake her up. “Hermione, it’s my birthday. Can’t you let me sleep in?” she pleaded with her roommate.

Her only form of reply was a pillow being thrown at her head, which definitely woke her up. This was one thing that Harri didn’t miss about rooming with Hermione. Harri sighed and grabbed her glasses from her bedside table and put them on, blinking as her eyes adjusted to the clarity of the room. When she looked down to the mattress that Hermione was sleeping on she saw that her friend was already dressed and just adjusting the sheets to wake her up.

“You’re evil, you know that?” Harri told her friend as she got up and padded over to her dresser to grab her clothes for the day.

Both girls were ready in about ten minutes and when they were about to leave the room they heard a shout of “Bloody hell!” coming from the kitchen. Harri let out a sigh and Hermione looked slightly confused.

The girls ran towards the source of the noise to find Draco being held captive by one of Sirius’ culinary creations while Sirius was trying to get the thing to let go of him. Harri had never seen one that actually had the ability to hold onto someone, so she grabbed Hermione and moved them behind the wall upstairs and watched the scene. She made sure to keep Hermione out of the mutant cake’s reach.

“What is that?” she asked panicked.

“That is why we don’t let Sirius cook…” Harri replied as Sirius blew the thing up and cake got everywhere.

Draco fell to the floor with a muffled thud, since he landed in a pile of cake remains. He was covered head to toe in cake batter and he didn’t look amused.

“I’m going to go and change,” he said with a scowl. He stormed past his two friends and went to the end of the hall where his room was and slammed the door behind him.

“This isn’t the first time Sirius’ food has attacked Draco, but it is the first time it’s tried to hug him. His cooking seems to like Draco…I don’t know why, it definitely isn’t his sunny disposition,” Harri commented with a chuckle as she made her way Draco’s room. She knocked on his door and waited a few seconds for him to open it. The door creaked open slowly and Draco’s cake covered head popped out.

“I’m in the middle of getting cake off me. Is there something you need?” he asked as he toweled his head off. It seemed that the towel was charmed to take off dirt and grime because where ever he swiped it the cake would disappear. He motioned for the two girls to follow him into his room.

Draco’s room had the same type of furniture that Harri’s had, except for his bed which was a bunk bed with a desk built underneath the top bunk. The room was painted significantly darker than Harriet’s. It was a dark Ravenclaw blue with different constellations painted into the ceiling.

“Just making sure you’re okay. I’ve never seen Sirius’ creations get the jump on you before,” Harri told him and Draco sighed.

“I didn’t even know that it was there till it was on top of me. It didn’t even seem like something Sirius would make, it tasted too good for it to be his cooking. He didn’t even know that it was there until I shouted. It’s rather strange, but maybe he forgot he was making something?”

“Harri will ask him about it later. Are you okay? You always seem to be the person that gets flung around like a rag doll…first the game of wizard’s chess and now this,” Hermione said concerned.