Chapter 50

So, sorry this is a few days late. I've be rather sick. =( Enjoy!

Chapter 4

The Ministry is Full of Idiots

As the end of the summer drew near, Mrs. Weasley’s agitation with Harri and Fleur grew more intense. She couldn’t stop Fleur and Bill from spending time together. They both worked in the same building, but that didn’t mean she didn’t vocally tell her son that he was making a mistake getting involved with Fleur. Her eldest would brush off her scathing comments and defend Fleur instead, much to her distain.

She was constantly trying to separate Harri and George, who were rarely seen apart. She hated Harri even more because she encouraged the twins pranks.

It was the morning before they went back to school when Mrs. Weasley was finally pushed over the edge.

Harri, Hermione, Cedric, Draco, Fred and George were all sitting at the table in the kitchen of Grimmauld Place. The twins had decided earlier in the summer that Cedric was alright. Cedric had given them half of his winnings from the Tri-Wizard Tournament for their joke shop. Harri had given them all of her winnings. She knew the twins needed the money and she and Cedric didn’t want to the money from that stupid game. The minister gave it to them to shut them up. He figured he could bribe them with money to get them to stop talking about Voldemort.

As the teens were talking they were discussing what they wanted to do after Hogwarts, something Mrs. Weasley wanted to know. Harri watched her cooking slow down and her head turn slightly to listen in. Harri knew that Mrs. Weasley was hoping that Hermione, Draco and Cedric would steer them in the right direction for jobs. She didn’t have any faith in Harri, “considering who she was raised by.”

“I’m going to try to become an Auror when I graduate, but I don’t think the ministry is going to let me...” Cedric said sadly, head lying on the table and hands spread out in front of him in despair. Hermione put her hand on top of his and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

“Cedric, they’d be stupid to reject the head of Hogwarts’ graduating class at the Auror Academy,” Hermione said soothingly, but the seventh year only groaned.

“What do you want to do when you graduate Hogwarts, Hermione?” Draco asked, changing the subject, it was obvious that Cedric wouldn’t want to talk about his lack of job options.

Hermione, blinked surprised at the prospect of job opportunities in the future. “I want to work for the rights of magical creatures! So many of them are treated cruelly for something they can’t control!” she stated passionately.

“Amen to that!” Harri said in reply lifting an imaginary glass up to her friend. The magical community consider Veela human and have just about equal rights as the average witch and wizard, but Remus, who wasn’t even born as a werewolf is considered subhuman...it disgusted Harri to no end. “So, Draco, do you have plans after Hogwarts?”

“I was planning on getting a Mastery in Potions. Sev says that I have the talent for it,” Draco admitted shyly. He didn’t talk about his godfather very often when other people were in the room, since not too many of his students liked him.

They joked for a few minutes after that, like teenagers should. Then they got back to talking about jobs. The next two down the table were Fred and George.

“We all know what the twins want to do when they graduate, but what do you want to do, Harri?” Cedric questioned the emerald eyed girl and she grinned.

“I was thinking about a Curse Breaker or an Unspeakable. I really good at Ancient Runes, Defense and Transfigurations, which would be good for either job. The only perk of an Unspeakable is that they work with the ministry mostly, so I won’t be far from home. I’m still trying to figure it out,” Harri admitted with a shrug.