Chapter 61

So, here is the next chapter. I believe that there are only seven more chapters to go. =) Enjoy.

Chapter 61

Potions Partners

Harri always hated when George said that they had to talk. Her veela side was convinced he was going to break up with her and her human self was nearly in agreement with her other half. Though, there was something different about this talk than her previous ones. For one, George was fidgeting and biting his lip, this usually meant that he was hiding something from her and it was eating him alive. So, she doubted that he wanted to break up with her.

“What is it, George?” Harri asked, walking up to him and taking his larger hand in hers. She could tell that this was something extremely important and she wasn’t going to let him shut her out.

The read headed wizard led them to the couches in the sitting room and sat down. He took a deep breath and began to speak, “So, you know that Fred and I bought the shop right?” He asked and Harri nodded.

“Yes, you went to Gringotts, gave them some of your blood, you were cleared and then you went to purchase the property. You told me this months ago,” she responded and he ran a nervous hand through his hair.

“Yes, but the Goblins got in contact with Fred and I a few weeks ago about two letters left for us...they were from Fabian and Gideon Prewett,” he said pulling out an envelope from his robes. He handed it to Harri to read and she unfolded the parchment. He pulled her against him as she scanned the letter.

Hello, George,

I hope this letter finds you well. If you’re reading this then Molly never told you about your parents...sometimes she thinks what’s for the best is hiding the truth. So, Gideon and I put some safety precautions up to make sure that one way or another you and your twin found out about your heritage.

Sadly, you reading this letter means that Gideon and I died during the First Wizarding War. I guess the first thing that you should know is that I was your godfather, and for a short time your adopted father along with Gideon. You see, we were best friends with your parents during our time at Hogwarts. There names were Camille and Jordan Adams. Camille was a pureblood from the Bones family and Jordan was a half-blood. They were our partners in crime.

I suppose that I should also explain why you look like a Prewett and not like your parents. Well, Fabian and I hired the goblins to change your appearance. It wasn’t the most honest thing to do, but it would make you feel more at home in a sea full of gingers. After you read the letter the charm that had been placed on you so many years ago will fade. I wish Gideon and I were there for you as well as your parents. 

This is the most serious letter that I have ever written. Gideon is writing a letter to your brother. I bet it nearly identical to mine! Good luck and cause lots of mischief, George.

Your godfather,

Fabian Prewett

“I hadn’t notice that you looked any different...” Harri said after reading the letter and George grinned, resting his chin on her hair.

“Out of everything in that letter, that is the one thing that you pick out?” he chuckled. “Fred and I charmed our hair, it was really the only thing that changed. I have a feeling that as we got older the charm started to fade more and more. That’s probably why our mum got mad at us so often...we were forced on her,” George mumbled sounding upset.

Harri couldn’t believe that he had been hiding this for weeks. She would have exploded. “George, Molly Weasley loves you and your brother and Arthur Weasley loved you while he was alive. They raised you! Though, I feel that Molly should have told you that you were adopted, but she didn’t give you up. She’s very protective of you. That just proves how much she cares about you! Would you mind showing me what you look like?” she asked, batting her eyelashes, while she played with the pendant around his neck.