Chapter 22

I'm back with another chapter =)

Chapter 22

The Dueling Club Failure

By the next morning Harri was feeling much better, besides the slight headache she felt like she could jump buildings in a single bound. Madam Pomfrey didn’t share her sentiments and told her to be extra careful, she didn’t want to see Harri with another head injury any time soon.

Harri sauntered off to Gryffindor Tower to see if Hermione and the twins were around, she needed to tell someone about Dobby’s cryptic warnings and the fact that the poor misguided house-elf nearly killed her with a bludger, but that was beside the point, he thought that he was saving her life by sending her home in pieces. 

When she arrived she didn’t find any of her friends there, but she did run into Percy Weasley, who was acting as pretentious as ever. She decided that if anyone was keeping track of the twins it would be him. From what the twins had said he didn’t want them to ruin his chances of getting Head Boy and Harri thought that was hilarious. If her father, the leader of the Marauders, managed to be Head Boy, Percy would get the badge without a problem. She figured Dumbledore just decides who would be the best couple that year is and puts them together as Head Boy and Girl.

“Have you seen the twins, Percy?” she asked hoping not to talk to him for too long, she found him extremely boring, but fun to rile up.

“I believe they’re in the great hall. You really shouldn’t spend too much time with them, they’re going to be a bad influence on you. I can’t believe what they did to Professor Lockhart’s hair,” he replied, furious with his brothers.

“I think I’ll be spending time with them regardless of what you say, but thank for the warning anyway,” Harri said with a cheeky grin as she walked away, leaving him fuming. She loved annoying Percy.

She found her friends lingering in the great hall, when they spotted her the twins ran up to her and gave her a hug.

“Hey, guys!” she squeaked from between them. They released her and she dropped to the ground with a light tap. The three of them made their way to the table where Hermione, Draco and Luna were sitting.

“How’s your head? George said you pretty out of it yesterday,” Draco asked with a smirk. Harri really didn’t remember much from yesterday after the fall, all she really remembered was waking up in the hospital wing with her head throbbing and George talking to her.

“It’s better, only a dull headache. I need to go up to the hospital wing for one more potion before I go to sleep tonight. Now, there’s more pressing news than just my mended head,” Harri told the group urgently.

Harri then went on to explain what Dobby had tried to tell to her, but couldn’t. Draco frowned. He was obviously bothered by Dobby’s form of help. “So, he’s decided to take matters into his own hands. My father must have done something to cause The Chamber to open again, I just don’t know what. I know he isn’t the heir of Slytherin. There haven’t been any heirs to Slytherin in ages,” Draco said, thinking out loud.

“Harri, do you have any idea on who the heir of Slytherin is? I think it might be Alya, she’d be more than happy to kill muggle-borns,” Hermione asked frustrated by the situation, since she could be targeted at any time.

“No, it wouldn’t be Alya. She isn’t descended from Slytherin either. She would be strutting around the hallways screaming it from the astronomy tower if she was,” Draco answered rolling his eyes, picturing Alya doing what he just said. His cousin was such a drama queen.

“Hermione, have you figured out how the snake is traveling through the school?” Harri asked changing the subject from Alya to something much friendlier, a killer snake that Harri figured lost its mind in The Chamber after hundreds of years of being alone.