Chapter 55

This chapter is long overdue, sorry about that. I've had a lot of work to do and I'm actually dozing off on my keyboard right now. Enjoy...

Chapter 55

An Untimely Revenge...a Generation too Late

Harri decided to keep her adoption quiet. She didn’t want everyone knowing that she was the heir to two different Ancient and Noble Houses. Though, now if Dumbledore tried to take her away from Sirius he couldn’t. Since her godfather was technically her parent now. 

On her last day of vacation Dumbledore stopped by Grimmauld Place to talk with her. It seemed that her Headmaster thought that she needed more training to protect herself from Voldemort. She was told that Snape was going to tutor her in Occlumency and Defense Spells. Harri was pretty sure by defense spells he meant dark magic, but that might have been just her. Harri hated being treated like a tool that needed to be sharpened and made more deadly. She felt that Dumbledore was trying to turn her into a weapon. 

There was something that Dumbledore didn’t take into account when he tried to turn her into a weapon...he didn’t realize that she was strong willed. Living with Sirius taught her how to think outside of the box and never blindly listen to what people tell her. Pranksters had to read between the lines. Harri didn’t think of herself as someone on the ‘light’ side, but she wasn’t ‘dark’. The Gryffindor figured that like most of her ancestors, she was, what the wizarding world considered, ‘grey’.

She wasn’t going to blindly follow Dumbledore like half the Order did. She didn’t fully trust the man, after all. There were too many odd things in his behavior, like putting the philosophers stone inside the school, or having basilisk in the slither around, or letting dementors on the grounds, or her favorite, letting an underage witch compete in the Tri-Wizard Tournament. She would let Snape train her, but if he attacked her, she would attack back.

Sirius didn’t like that her Headmaster was ordering her to take extra classes along with everything else that she had to do. He figured that it was too much for a fifteen year old to handle all on her own. Harri would never admit it, but she agreed. It shouldn’t be her responsibility to take down Voldemort. She was just a kid, not even of age.

The real question running through her mind was: Why did Voldemort target her in the first place? This question plagued her through the night and on during breakfast she voiced her concerns to Sirius while everyone was doing last minute packing. Sirius was drinking a cup of coffee, leaning against the counter, while reading a book he got for Christmas on Defense.

“Sirius, why is Voldemort targeting me? What makes me so special?” she asked quietly. She saw Sirius’ eyes widen. He closed his book and sat down at the table with her.

“Dumbledore doesn’t want me to tell you this, but I feel that you’re old enough to hear the truth,” Sirius began with sigh and Harri’s interest was peeked. “There was a prophecy made about you and Voldemort...I don’t know the finer details, but it says that you have to kill him or he’ll kill you. It was made a few months before you were born. Dumbledore takes this information very seriously and he is the only person who knows the entire prophecy. Voldemort knows part of it and I only know the basic details. I wish I could be more help to you, Bambi.”

Sirius looked tired and a little older by the end of their talk. She could tell that he wasn’t happy with the fact that she had to take down Voldemort. That was when she remembered something that would help stop him. “Sirius, do you know what the ‘come and go room’ is?” she questioned and the Marauder raised an eyebrow at her.

“Yes, why would you need to find it?” he responded and Harri smiled, her green eyes sparkling.

“Because, the last Horcrux is in that room and I intend to find it,” Harri told him as she played with her basilisk fang necklace.