Chapter 43

Sorry that I've been gone for a week. I needed some time off. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 43

Rita Skeeter, the Woman that Won’t Live Past the End of the Week

One of the worst things about the aftermath of the second task was all the attention the champions and the hostages were getting. Harri couldn’t walk through a hallway without being bombarded by people asking her what happened while she was in the lake. None of the champions seemed to be enjoying the attention either, especially Fleur. Many of the students from the other schools didn’t think she should have gotten any points from the previous task since she got captured by the merpeople.

So, Fleur spent most of her time with Harri and the younger students that she tutored every other night in the Transfigurations classroom.

The two girls had started to get to know each other better after the second task. Fleur had no idea that Harri had lived such a muggle life. She had always assumed that the savior of the wizarding world lived a very lavish life style. She didn’t expect her to have gone a muggle primary school and grow up in a muggle apartment.

“ ‘Ow did you survive without magic?” Fleur asked one evening after the second years had cleared out of the room.

Harri chuckled. “It took a lot of practice for my Godfather, he’s a pureblooded wizard. He couldn’t really cook all that well, he relied on my mum for food most of the time...before she died,” Harri was quiet for a second and Fleur realized that she must have mentioned a touchy subject.

“If ‘ou don’t want to talk about it ‘ou don’t ‘ave to,” she said quickly trying to backtrack.

“No, it’s fine. Remus, my honorary uncle, ended up living with us. He’s sickly and has a hard time keeping jobs and keeping up with rent. So, he realized that if he moved in with us he would have a place to stay and make sure that Sirius didn’t poison me or himself by accident...again. Sirius still isn’t allowed near the oven today. Everything he puts inside it comes alive and tries to attack us,” Harri explained with a wry smile.

Fleur laughed at that, she couldn’t even imagine having to deal with food attacking her.

“‘Ow do ‘ou stop food from attacking?” She asked Harri with a raised eyebrow.

“It usually just ends up exploding...” Harri replied with a shrug. Fleur gave her a horrified look in response. Harri nearly fell off the desk she had been sitting on. The look Fleur gave her was priceless.

Fleur wasn’t the only champion that was having problems after the second task. Viktor and Cedric were fighting with each other, they almost got into a fist fight one morning. 

Professor McGonagall actually had to break up their argument. Harri was genuinely worried that they might try to off each other.

Poor Hermione was stuck in the middle of it. It was obvious that the young witch didn’t understand why she had been made Cedric’s hostage and not Viktor’s and she was suffering for it. Cho and her friends had started to bully Hermione in the hallways. It was a constant struggle on Harri’s part not to hex all of them to oblivion, but Hermione told her that it probably wouldn’t look good if she hurt another student. Harri listened, if not a bit grudgingly.

Wendi, Draco and Luna on the other hand, took matters into their own hands. Hermione was too busy stopping Harri from attacking Cho to realize what they were doing to the older girl. 

Within two weeks of the second task Cho was a walking disaster. The two of them had been scaring the older girl nonstop, keeping her awake at night. Luna had gotten the help if some nargles to bang on her dorm window, steal her clothing and then put it back in other places. They were driving the fifth year Ravenclaw insane.