Chapter 31

I promised a chapter on Friday and you got one...even if it's nearly 11pm at night. XD Enjoy!

Chapter 31

She’s a what?

The summer before Harri’s fourth year was spent locked down in Grimmauld Place. The ministry didn’t deem their apartment safe enough to protect her if Peter came after them. So, they had to move into Sirius’ family home, which was considered the safest place for them. Sirius had commented that they must have never lived in Grimmauld place or they’d know that it really wasn’t all that safe. Dark objects were still in the house, even if they were just out of the reach of Harri and Draco. 

They had fixed up the majority of the house. The only room they were still trying to clean fully was the kitchen. There was one drawer that gave Harri a migraine and made her scar hurt whenever she looked at it. Whenever she got close to the drawer Kreacher would send her away from it.

During the very beginning of July two things happened to Harri. First she got her vision corrected and she didn’t need her glasses to see anymore. Second, Harri and Draco were taken for their inheritance tests by Remus and Sirius. Harri always found Gringotts interesting. She loved seeing the goblins…she liked their spunky attitudes.

After giving the goblins some blood the four of them sat in silence, until Harri decided to speak. “What do you think the tests are going to say?” Harri asked quietly, not really addressing anyone in particular.

“Probably nothing out of the ordinary… Most likely, just some natural magical skills you might have, maybe some bloodline magic, but there shouldn’t be anything strange,” Sirius replied. In all honestly, he wasn’t sure. Harriet’s father had never gone for his since his parents were too busy fighting Voldemort and his Death Eaters. 

Draco got his results first. He didn’t have anything too surprising besides natural Occlumency and Animagus skills. He even had a little bit of seer blood in him, much to his pleasure. 

It was Harri’s results that surprised everyone. She was a Parselmouth and had Occlumency and Animagus skills like Draco, but what really shocked everyone was fact that she was a quarter Veela.

As soon as Sirius heard the news he promptly fainted. Harri was staring at the piece of paper in shock and Draco was trying not to laugh at Sirius. Remus seemed to be the only person thinking rationally.

“That explains a lot,” Remus commented with his arms crossed. This would explain why James had chased after Lily for seven years. She was his mate and he knew it before the bond kicked in.

He heard Sirius get up behind him. “What do you mean, ‘this is explains a lot!’ This is bad, Mooney, really bad! Harri can’t have a mate!” Sirius shouted. He was not going to let his goddaughter have a mate! “She’s going to a nunnery!”

“She’s only a fourth Veela. Most likely she’ll look extremely beautiful as she grows up and have a mate that she’ll find eventually. It isn’t like she’s a full blooded Veela that needs her mate to survive past her seventeenth birthday, she’ll just be stronger with him around. You’re overacting, Padfoot,” Remus told his friend calmly. Harri seemed to relax a little bit. Obviously, she was worried about needing another person to survive. Sirius was standing next to him, his mouth gaping like a fish.

“So, I’m guessing my dad was half Veela then?” she asked, finally coming out of her shocked state.

“I’d assume so. He did chase after your mum for seven years, no matter how many times she rejected him,” he answered and Harri nodded mutely.