Chapter 18

Here's another chapter! Enjoy!

Chapter 18

Is DADA really a jinxed job? Well, it is now.

Harri wished that her first day of classes had started better. For one, Hermione was reading Voyages with Vampires and was impressed with their defense teacher. Two, she had yet to find an appropriate spell to use on Lockhart…maybe she’d talk to the twins later. And three, which had to be the most important, was when Draco came storming into the great hall soaking wet with Luna trailing behind him in a similar state.

After they got their schedules from McGonagall, Harri scanned it quickly and noticed that Gryffindor had Herbology with Hufflepuff first and then the girls went over to Draco and Luna to find out who she and the twins were going to need to hex. Hermione quickly casted a drying charm and the two Ravenclaws sat down at their table now that they weren’t soaking wet.

“Who was it?” Harri asked with her hands on her hips. She wasn’t going to let anyone get away with messing with her friends.

“It’s nothing, Harri. Someone thought it would be funny to charm buckets of water to fall on me and since Luna was standing next to me, she got drenched as well,” Draco said dismissively. Harri was about to say something else when Hermione gave her a stern look that told her to drop it.

“I’m going to bring a letter to the Owlry, Sirius is going to want to hear from me soon, you know how nosy he is,” Harri told the group with a dramatic sigh that brought small smiles to her friends’ faces.

The young Gryffindor walked out quickly, not really caring that she didn’t eat a lot for breakfast. Besides going to the Owlry, she was planning revenge on the prats that decided to dump water on her best friend. Harri figured that she was going to need some help…more specifically some red headed help.

“Hey, Harri, what’s got you down on this very overcast morning?” two voices questioned her simultaneously. She turned around with a grin and the Weasley twins grinning at her. This was perfect, this was just what she needed.

“Some prats thought it was okay to drench Draco with water as he came down for breakfast this morning and I’m trying to think up some revenge, but I need my favorite trouble making twins to help me,” she replied with a smirk. She could almost see the gears in the twins’ heads turning, thinking of revenge for their blonde friend.

“Harri, you have come to the right place. Meet us in the common room later tonight and I think between the three of us we can work something out,” Fred told her mischievously.

“I’ve got to drop a letter off, I’ll see you two later then?”

“You bet, be in the common room by ten,” George reminded before he and his brother turned around and walked in the opposite direction, to most likely cause trouble.

It took Harri a few minutes to get to the Owlry and tie the letter to Hedwig’s leg. On her way down she ran into Neville, literally. “I really have to watch where I’m going…” she muttered rubbing her head.

“Sorry, Harri, I had to send a letter to my Gran. Did you know that we have Herbology in first?” he asked her excitedly. Harri knew that Herbology was Neville’s favorite subject and she was glad that he enjoyed at least one class at Hogwarts.

“I did, do you want to walk with me to class?” she questioned in reply. He nodded his head with a blush covering his cheeks.

The two second year Gryffindors arrived outside the green houses with the other students and waited for Professor Sprout to begin class, the only problem was that she wasn’t there.