Chapter 39

Another chapter, right on time. =) Enjoy!

Chapter 39

The Unexpected Partnership

        Luckily for Rita Skeeter Harri was brought back to the Gryffindor dorms for a celebratory party, thrown by the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan. Harri smacked his arm when he told her about the party, telling him that she didn't need anymore attention, but he wasn't having any of it.

"You deserve this, Harri! You're tied for first and you're the youngest competitor! Have a little fun!" he told her, holding her close to him. 

She sighed. "Alright, but don't expect me to do anything crazy. I'm tired, fighting a dragon takes a lot out of you," she said, poking his chest threateningly.

When they entered the common room it exploded with cheers and yells again. There were mountains of cakes and cups of pumpkin juice and butterbeer on every surface. Lee Jordan had let off some Filibuster's Fireworks, so that the air was thick with stars and sparks. Dean Thomas, who was very good at drawing, drew Harri charming the dragon.

She smiled, it was nice when the Gryffindor House was on her side, usually they were the first people to turn against her. 

"Congratulations, Harri, I told the people in my house that you could do it," a dreamy voice said from behind her. Harri spun around and saw that it was Luna, her blue-grey eyes staring right at her. Luna had a large smile on her face and Harri couldn't help but hug the younger girl, who was one of the few people that believed in her

"Thanks, Luna, enjoying the party?" Harri asked looking at the hectic scene in front of her.

"It's lovely...I hear that the other houses are celebrating over the win for Hogwarts as well. You did the best by far, I hope that you know that," she replied before skipping off to the other side of the room where Harri saw Draco sitting a few minutes prior.

"Blimey, Harri, that thing is huge!" Lee Jordan exclaimed pointing to the golden egg that was seated on the table next to her. "Open it!"

Lee passed the egg over to her and expected her to open it. She sighed. She really didn't want to deal with the competition now, but sadly, Lee had gotten the attention of everyone in the room.

"She's supposed to figure out how to do these tasks on her own," Hermione interjected with a frown on her face.

"Stop being a spoil sport, Granger, and let her open it!" a sixth year shouted from the back of the room.

Harri shrugged her shoulders and opened the egg, but the moment she opened it, a loud and screechy wail, filled the room.

She snapped the egg shut and rubbed her temples. How was that supposed to be a clue?

"What was that?" Seamus Finnigan questioned, staring at the egg. "Sounded like a banshee... Maybe you've got to get past one of those next, Harri!"

"It was someone being tortured!" Neville shouted, he had gone very white and spilled sausage rolls all over the floor. "You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!"

"Don't be a prat, Neville, that's illegal," George snapped, wrapping a protective arm around Harri. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing...maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harri."

"As appealing as cursing your brother in the shower sounds, I don't think that's the second task," Harri replied with a smirk on her lips.

"Want a jam tart, Hermione?" Fred asked pulling the conversation away from the topic of the second task.