Chapter 19

Enjoy!

Chapter 19

Mudblood and Murmurs

Harri spent the majority of her time over the next few days avoiding Lockhart at all costs, unless she was in his class, then she was silently pranking him. She had to dive into unlocked classrooms to make sure he didn’t see her in the hallways. She even ran into Snape one time, when she told him that she was hiding from Lockhart he only gave her detention, that had to be served Saturday night, he didn’t take any points from Gryffindor and told her to get to class.

The only person harder to avoid then Lockhart was Colin Creevey. The boy seemed to always find her, no matter where she was. She realized the day after they met that the flush on his cheeks wasn’t from a cold, but from an embarrassed blush, because he had a crush on her. Sadly for him, Harri refused to get into relationships with people that liked her because she’s the girl-who-lived or before they met her. Idolized infatuation was not something she appreciated, she felt like it devalued her worth as a person.

A few mornings later Harri was woken up to a knocking on her window. She groggily got up, putting on her glasses on her way to the window, and saw that it was Oliver Wood flying outside her room. She was going to kill him, when she looked behind him she saw that it was the crack of dawn.

“What is it, Oliver? Do you have any idea what time it is?” she growled pulling out her wand. She was not a morning person.

“Exactly, it’s the best condition for quidditch practice! It’s all part of my new training program, now get your broom!” he said excitedly, a mad gleam in his eyes. This was the way he always acted when talked about quidditch. The whole team thought he was a little too obsessed with the game.

“Fine,” she hissed as she got dressed, she wouldn’t be able to fall back to sleep anyway. On top of that, she didn’t want to wake Hermione, who would hex her for waking her up this early in the morning.

When she made it to the common room, Nimbus 2000 over her shoulder, she found the Weasley twins slumped over the couch, obviously the two only made it so far before falling back to sleep.

Harri sighed and shook the boys awake, they didn’t disappoint since they rolled off the couch and onto the floor in a heap.

“Morning, boys,” she greeted cheerily.

“Morning, Harri,” they groaned as they scrambled off the floor and picked up their brooms. Right before they left Colin came running down the boy’s staircase with his camera in hand.

“Harri, I heard someone say you name from outside and hoped to find you here before you left! Look the film developed!” he said jumping up and down from excitement.

Harri took a look at the pictures and smiled, despite the fact Lockhart was in them, mostly because her picture-self was violently beating the picture-Lockhart, who had tried to grab her and force her into the picture with him.

“Will you sign it?” Colin asked hopefully.

“No,” Harri told him flatly. There was no way she was signing photographs.

“Harri, if you’re done talking to your fan, we have to get to practice,” Fred teased as he and George went through the portrait hole. Harri quickly followed the twins, but Colin wouldn’t take the hint and stop following her.

“Cool! I’ve never seen anyone play Quidditch before!” he exclaimed and began chatting about all the facts he knew about Harri. The twins were snickering as they listened to the kid annoy her.