Chapter 41

I'm updating while I'm away on vacation! Enjoy the chapter, I will see you at the bottom!

Chapter 41

Eggs, Mermaids and Skeeter! Oh My!

The three weeks following after The Yule Ball was dramatic and caused a lot of problems between the students. Hermione was rumored to be a Durmstrang spy due to jealous girls...and Ron Weasley, causing the bookworm to be very angry at anything anyone said to her. Harri had to reassure Hermione that she didn’t care that she was dating Viktor.

The morning after the ball Luna was found sitting on a support beam thirty feet in the air in the great hall. An older student thought it would be funny to leave her up there all night. The professors didn’t find it funny and neither did Luna, she was in a very cross mood, especially since the student body kept lifting her onto high objects for a week after the incident. 

A body bind curse had been put on Draco sometime during the evening and was left under a table in the Great Hall. When Professor McGonagall had used the counter curse he rushed out of the room with a determined glint in his steely grey eyes.

Twenty minutes later Alya was found with orange skin, purple hair, which was standing on end, and she was covered in green boils from head to toe speaking in rhyming Spanish haikus. She refused to tell the professors who did it, but they all had a decent idea of who it could possibly be. Considering Draco was grinning for the remainder of the morning they knew it was him, but didn’t have the heart to give him a detention, there was no proof after all. On top of that, it meant that she was the one that cursed him in the first place. Alya was stuck speaking in haikus for about three weeks since the professors didn’t know the counter-curse for the spell.

As it turned out, there wasn’t a counter-curse. It was a potion that Draco kept slipping into her drink. Dobby, the house elf, was his partner in crime.

To make matters worse, Sirius wouldn’t leave Harri alone. He wanted details about the Ball. He was determined to think that something happened between her and George, something that compromised her innocence. 

“Sirius, nothing happened! We danced! I had a good time! What do you think we did?” she asked trying to figure out when he decided to get extremely over protective again. 

“I’m just worried about you, Bambi, you’re growing up on me! You went on your first real date last night and I couldn’t even threaten to kill your date! Do you know how that made me feel?” he asked her in reply.

“I have a feeling that it’s an emotion I won’t understand,” Harri responded. She let out a sigh, something she seemed to be doing a lot of lately and waited for him to say something back.

“Anne and I will be going out next weekend...so Remus will be talking to you over the mirror. Neither of us get a lot of time off so this is the only time that works, sorry, Bambi. I don’t mean to cut our conversations short,” he told her, grey eyes pleading.

“It’s fine Sirius. You have a life and it doesn’t revolve around me,” she said with a weak smile. She missed her godfather, but he needed a life of his own, which meant that he’d have less time for her. She’d just have to get used to it.

Harri heard yelling from the common room and it sounded like it was coming from Hermione. “I have to go, Hermione is fighting with someone. I’ll talk to you later and maybe you can tell me more about Anne...”

Harri got off her bed and made her way downstairs. She found the common room a complete mess. Books were everywhere, couches were overturned and the younger students were huddled in a corner looking terrified. Shockingly, Neville was standing in front of them, blocking them from the flying debris. He seemed to have bruise forming under his left eye. In the middle of the mess stood Hermione and Ron, wands pointed at each other.