Chapter 3

Wow, updating twice in one day! Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 3

Platform 9 ¾ 

September 1st had finally come and Harriet had packed the night before, extremely excited that she was going to Hogwarts. Harriet woke up at seven in the morning due to shouting coming from the sitting room. She quickly grabbed a pair of jeans and a t-shirt that had 'I'm a dog person' written on the back of it. She ran to the sitting room hoping to figure out what was going on.

When she got to the room she saw Sirius seething while glaring at a letter that was on the floor. Harriet sighed and picked it up. It was from the Auror office:

Dear Mr. Black,

We are sorry to inform you of this so last minute, but we need you to come to work today. We know you had taken today as a personal day and are sorry for the inconvenience.

The Auror Department

Harriet was fuming by the end of the letter and threw it on the floor like her godfather had. "Maybe we should light it on fire," Harriet suggested. Sirius threw his head back and laughed at her suggestion. He loved it when his goddaughter suggested lighting things on fire in anger, it reminded him of her parents.

"Yes and we will dance on the ashes! Now, Remus and Tonks will be over shortly to take you to the platform...I hate the ministry sometimes. I really wanted to be there for your first trip to Platform 9 ¾," Sirius sighed in frustration.

The duo then turned their attention back to the letter. Sirius pulled out his wand and lit it on fire. They watched the letter burn and then had breakfast, this time the food didn't come alive, or blow up. 

An hour and a half later Remus and Tonks arrived within five minutes of each other to take Harriet to the platform. Both of them had angry expressions on their faces when they heard about the letter and the improper way the ministry told Sirius he couldn't take the day off. But, they did laugh when Sirius told them how they disposed of it.

Twenty minutes later, after many hugs goodbye and advice on pranking from Sirius, Harriet arrived at Platform 9 ¾ with Remus and Tonks, who were fighting like an old married couple over the color of the Hogwarts express. Tonks thought that it should be every house color, while Remus thought it was fine just being red. The young girl sighed as she moved towards the train. "I'm going to find a compartment. Is there anything you want to say to me before I go?" she asked with a smile as she successfully stopped their argument.

"Behave and try not to get into too much trouble. As much as Sirius wants you to be a prankster, your mother would be rolling around in her grave if that happened. So, think wisely about your choices in school. Oh, and I'll see you at Christmas," Remus said ruffling her hair, loosening the clip she had in her hair that was hiding her scar.

"See you then. Bye, Tonks, good luck with the Auror training!" Harriet replied pushing her things onto the train, only to have everything fall on her left foot, twice.

"Need a hand?" A very familiar red head asked from behind her. She turned around quickly and saw one of the boys that pushed her down in Diagon Alley. Harriet was tempted to say no, but figured she should be polite and say yes...on top of that she really needed the help.

"Yes, please," she replied with a sigh. When the boy looked at her face he remembered her and felt guilty. He and his twin had been running from their older brother who they had pranked before they sprinted off. When he pushed her down he had been rather rude to her and figured that this was the perfect way to apologize.