Chapter 29

I was planning on getting this out sooner, but I got my wisdom teeth removed and was a bit out of it for the past few days. Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 29

Snuffles, the Chaser of Men

There were only a few things that annoyed Harri in the weeks that followed her fantastic Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. One, was Alya insulting Remus constantly in her presence, she was hexed for by multiple people, who were never caught and remained nameless. Two, was Snape taking out all his frustration with Remus’ lesson out on her. She didn’t understand how it was her fault, she may have been in the room, but she didn’t whisper the idea into Remus’ ear. And three, was the way Sirius, aka Snuffles, was chasing away all the guys that came near her.

It was painfully obvious that boys had started to notice that she wasn’t exactly a little girl anymore. Harri was pretty, even the pureblooded Slytherin males admitted it. The only problem the boys had was getting past her dog, Snuffles, who would bite any male that got too close. There were only three males allowed to talk to Harri and they were Draco and the Weasley twins.

Harri was not happy with the way her godfather was acting in his dog form. Sure, he could scare away a few Slytherins and pretend to attack Alya, making her run into a solid wall…but scaring away all the guys that come to talk to her was another thing entirely. Some of them were just her friends and would remain so, like poor Neville, who Harri was sure would be afraid of dogs for the rest of his life. Sirius also seemed to have an unspoken grudge against Cedric Diggory. He almost bit his hand when he tried to pet Sirius.

So, when everyone went outside the castle for the first Hogsmeade visit of the year, Harri spent it flying around the pitch, Snuffles watching from the stands. She figured that someone would lose a limb trying to ask her out, so she stayed on the castle grounds.

A few hours later Oliver found her flying around and joined her in the air, much to Snuffles horror. He didn’t think that anyone would join her, so he spent the remainder of the afternoon pacing around in circles trying to figure out how to fly and protect Harri from her captain.

The two had a good time in the air and Harri was happy that someone was treating her normally for the first time in weeks. She was tired of the strange looks people were giving her in the hallways.

“Ready for the match against Slytherin?” Oliver asked taking her out of her reverie. 

“Yep, we’re going to win this year for sure! The last two years were just flukes. This year there isn’t a crazy teacher out to kill me or a giant snake petrifying people in the hallways to ruin our chances of winning!” She replied with a grin and Oliver ruffled her hair, pulling it out of its braid. A loud barking could be heard from the ground and Harri rolled her eyes.

“Glad to know that you’re in the right frame of mind…” Oliver said before glancing down at Snuffles, “Is there something wrong with your dog?”

“Oh, there are a lot of things wrong with my dog. I better get going before he does something stupid. I’ll see you at practice,” she told him, waving goodbye as she descended down onto the pitch. Snuffles practically tackled her to the ground. “You’re a piece of work, Snuffles, you know that?” Snuffles wagged his tail happily.

Two days before the match Oliver had some unsettling news for the Gryffindor team, they weren’t going to be playing Slytherin. They were going to play Hufflepuff instead. Oliver spent both days trying to teach Harri everything he knew about the Hufflepuff team and their seeker, Cedric, before the match. He nearly caused her to be late for Defense Against the Dark Arts. She ran to the class as quickly as possible and made it right before Snape came into the room.