Chapter 60

A nice long chapter for you. =) Enjoy.

Chapter 60

Awkward Encounters

The first thing that Harri was aware of was that her scars were hurting, again. Voldemort was alive once more and she doubted that she was connected to him like she was a year ago, but her scar did recognize that his wand casted the killing curse at her. The next thing that caught her attention was the medley of voices speaking around her.

“Professor, do you know what happened to them?” a concerned voice asked, it sounded like the younger voice of Remus.

“Mr. Lupin, we would need one of them to wake up, again. Mr. George Westly was only conscious enough to tell us their names. Ms. Harriet Porter was the one that fought the creature in the woods. I feel like she would be the one who remembers the most about their predicament,” Dumbledore replied with a heavy sigh.

Porter and Westly...really George, was that the best he could come up with? 

“Is there anything that could give a clue as to where they came from?” another voice asked, she figured that it was Sirius.

“She’s part Veela...She most likely has ancestors from France by the looks of it,” a perplexed and unfamiliar voice said. That had to be her father. He could probably sense that she was a Veela. 

Harri groaned and opened her eyes, figuring that this was the best time for her to wake up. She realized that she was in the hospital wing, she spent enough of her free time there back in her own time.

She was greeted to the sight of Dumbledore’s bright blue eyes. She could feel him trying to get into her mind. She glared at him and pushed him out. She didn’t care if that would make him suspicious, she hated people trying to get inside her head. The exchange must have only been a few seconds, but it made their positions very clear. The boys behind him didn’t even notice. “My dear girl, you gave us quite a scare. What were you doing in the forbidden forest?” Dumbledore questioned, eyes narrowed.

Harri sighed and sat up, ignoring the pain in her abdomen. She must have bruised something when she landed.

“A Death Eater attacked us. She threw a portkey, hoping that it would get rid of me and my boyfriend. Her plan backfired, like they normally do. Luckily, I was conscious after we landed because that spider was not friendly. By the way, where am I, exactly?” Harri replied, running a hand through her hair. She noticed that it was still blonde and she let out an internal sigh of relief. She really didn’t want to answer questions as to why she looked just like James Potter.

Speaking of her father, he was standing at the foot of her bed along with Sirius and Remus. All three of them were remarkably young. Since there was no Head Boy badge on her father’s person she was going to assume that he was in his fifth or six year.

“Ah, you are at Hogwarts School for Witch Craft and Wizardry. These three young gentlemen found you in the forest and brought you here to me. Now, I have a question for you,” Dumbledore replied with a smile on his face. 

“Ask away,” Harri said, waiting for the worst. She figured he couldn’t see past her glamour rune, it was the most powerful one she knew. So, he was most likely going to ask about that first.

“Why are you disguising yourself? The necklaces you wear can’t be taken off by anyone, except, I’d assume, yourselves,” he asked, eyes boring into hers.

“My boyfriend and I were attacked by Death Eaters. It obviously wasn’t the first time this had happened. I was doing my best to avoid them, but one tracked us down. These are the only things stopping us from getting killed,” Harri told him holding her necklace in her hands.