Chapter 51

Hey, I'm actually updating on time! Enjoy! =)

Chapter 51

Lesson of the Year: OWLS are Very Important

The evening after the feast, Harri, Hermione and Wendi helped Luna get situated in their room. They fourth year seemed to like the Gryffindor dorm rooms. It wasn’t a quiet affair, since they had to hang Nargle repellant charms all over the room. Hermione, even though she was reluctant to help, did it anyway after receiving a very threatening glare from Harri. The bushy haired girl would rather feel silly hanging things up than have the lone descendant of the Marauders after her.

Once the charms were set up, Luna skipped to the bathroom, got ready for bed and went right to sleep. The three fifth years followed her lead, not wanting to imagine what their workload was going to be tomorrow. Being fifth years meant that they had to take their OWLs. Hermione was already planning a study schedule for them.

Harri grudgingly got out of bed the first morning of classes and went to breakfast. Halfway through breakfast she was handed her schedule by McGonagall. She nearly groaned at it. She had double potions with the Slytherins first thing, then History of Magic with the Ravenclaws, where she and Draco would pass notes, and then DADA, again with the Ravenclaws. The last subject on the list got her excited, she couldn’t wait to see what Sirius had in store for them.

Right before she left, she felt someone watching her from the teachers’ table and it wasn’t Snape. His glare was different. She turned around to see Umbridge, who was dressed in a horrid shade of pink, staring at her with beady eyes. Harri turned right back around, her greens eyes sparking in anger. She didn’t like Umbridge, not one little bit.

Harri was not happy with Umbridge. The woman was watching her like a hawk. She wouldn’t be surprised if she found Umbridge waiting outside her classrooms to make sure she didn’t skip. 

On her first day back she entered the potions lab, the Gryffindors had a double lesson of potions with the Slytherins, it seemed to be a tradition. Harri sat in the middle of the classroom with Hermione and Wendi. The three girls sat quietly, until Snape came in with his robes billowing out behind him. Harri swore he used a spell for that effect. 

Snape was, as usual, picking on everyone who wasn’t in Slytherin. Harri didn’t take the insults personally anymore. She found them very amusing, which infuriated her potions master. She preferred to think of Snape as an annoying cousin. 

She was stuck dealing with him because he was Draco’s godfather, but he wasn’t directly related to her. Harri could only imagine Snape’s horrified face if she ever told him that she considered him family. 

The potions master lectured the class on their lack of brewing skill and how most of them wouldn’t make it to the NEWT level potions class next year. Harri was planning on taking it, though she doubted that her professor thought she had the skill for it. 

He then set them all to work. Harri was daydreaming as she worked. This wasn’t a difficult potion, they were working on the Draught of Peace. If she was distracted there was a better chance of her not snapping at her professor.

She then had a free period and decided to go back to the common room to read up on Transfigurations and Ancient Runes, which she had the next day.

Hermione and Wendi had decided to go to the library to research something for their Arithmancy class on Wednesday.

Binns class was unremarkable, as per normal. Harri could barely keep her eyes open through the droll class. Wendi actually ended up sleeping. Though, her nap didn’t last long. Her head fell out of her hand and she smacked her forehead on her desk, successfully waking her up.