Chapter 59

Happy Friday! Finals are right around the corner for me, which means lots of stress. XD Enjoy...

Chapter 59

Her Fate is Sealed

Harriet Jane Potter, more commonly called Harri, was not an average girl by anyone’s standards. She was a gifted student, was the youngest seeker in over a century, was part Veela and defeated the greatest dark wizard in over a hundred years, and she was even of age. 

Her scar had begun to fade as time passed, it didn’t look like it had just been inflicted. It had taken on a light pink color. Harri doubted that it would ever disappear, a mark of death doesn’t just leave a person, but it would fade. 

The Ministry was picking up the pieces of its reputation and becoming a strong government once again, much to the delight of the general population. Sirius had been reinstated as an Auror, but he declined the position. He decided to start his own business repairing and creating motorbikes. Of course, he might modify some of them, but the ministry didn’t have to know about that. Surprisingly, he wasn’t bad at his job and some muggle companies had gotten in contact with him. Anne kept him in line and Harri just watched everything with a grin on her face.

Everyone seemed to be picking themselves up after the battle with Voldemort. With him gone, there was an air of hope among the Order Members...they didn’t have to go on life threatening missions every other week. They could settle down, have a family without the worry of a dark lord taking them away.

Even Draco, who had lost his mother tragically, had started smiling again, with the help of Luna. She had forced him out of his room a week and a half after his mother’s death. Apparently, she had snogged him silly and that snapped him out of his depressed state. The two are barely ever seen apart these days. 

Draco had actually been helping the Weasley twins invent various prank products with his potion making skills. He had received a perfect mark on his potions OWL score. No one had done that since his godfather had attended Hogwarts.

Speaking of her sourly potions professor, he had been in a rather interesting mood recently. Bellatrix decided that it was going to be her personal mission to make him get over Lily Potter, with whatever means necessary. She had even gone so far as to dye her own hair red and skip around him all day. She had never seen her professor so embarrassed. Draco claimed that he broke a rib from laughing. 

Bellatrix would often bring Snape over to Grimmauld Place with her frequently and try to make peace with Sirius and Remus. She claimed that he needed more friends.

Harri had a feeling that if Bellatrix hadn’t been dosed with compulsory potions, she probably would have had a relationship with Snape at a much younger age.  

Bellatrix had become really good friends with Tonks, who’s going to be the permanent defense against the dark arts professor, since Hogwarts let out for the summer. Tonks even went so far as to make Bellatrix her maid of honor at her wedding.

Currently, Harri was sitting on a desk chair reading over a parchment with her OWL scores on them:

Transfigurations: O

Charms: O

Defense Against the Dark Arts: O

Potions: O

Herbology: O

Astronomy: O

History of Magic: A

Arithmancy: E

Care of Magical Creatures: E

Ancient Runes: O