Chapter 34

So, it's Tuesday and I'm updating ontime! Enjoy!

Chapter 34

And So It Begins

Harri was floating in between a conscious and unconscious state. She could hear people talking around her, but she just didn’t have the energy to wake up. She could distinctly make out the voices of Draco, Fred and Madam Pomfrey.

“What’s going on with them? George passed out this morning and now Harri comes in half dead!” Fred shouted, concern lacing in his every word.

“From what I can tell, Harri and your brother are in the beginning stages of a Veela bond,” Madam Pomfrey started to explained, but was interrupted by Draco.

“Wait, George is Harri’s mate, so they kissed. That shouldn’t have caused her to pass out. Trust me, Harri and I have read the possible effects of a quarter Veela bond and this isn’t one of them,” he said crossly. Harri internally smiled, he had been helping her learn her heritage all summer.

“This is a very rare side effect of a quarter bond. They weren’t near each other all day and the bond didn’t settle properly. Sometimes, depending on the strength of the magical core of the Veela, they will have the dangerous side effects of a Veela bond. Their magical cores are adjusting to Harri’s Veela magic. She’s still very young and as she gets closer to her full inheritance the powers she has will become more prominent. In this case, the two of them will need to be near each other till the bond settles. I’m surprised that Harri lasted as long as she did. George passed out early this morning and she made it to the end of her classes. It just proves how strong her core is,” Madam Pomfrey told the two teens in a hushed voice.

“So, you’re telling me that Harri and George have to be near each other till this bond settles? Isn’t there usually a dominant and a submissive partner with Veela? I keep asking George about it and he keeps brushing it off as nothing. Is Harri going to be leading the relationship?” Fred asked, laughing towards the end. Harri could almost picture the smirk on his face. Poor George, he wasn’t going to have a moment’s peace after this.

“Mr. Weasley, it is natural for the Veela to lead the relationship, but she hasn’t come fully into her inheritance yet. Their cores are adjusting to this,” Madam Pomfrey said in an irked tone.

Harri heard someone shuffling closer to her bed. “Do you have any idea when they’re going to wake up?” Draco asked concerned. Harri could feel herself coming back to full consciousness.

Harri smiled, she figured that this was the best time to wake up. “Well, I’m awake right now,” she said as she opened her eyes and slowly sat up.

She looked around the room and noticed that she was in the hospital wing, which wasn’t all that surprising. Draco was standing next to her bed, the fourth year Ravenclaw was a mess. His usually tidy hair was askew, like he had been running his hand through it constantly and he looked worn out and tired. She could see him visibly relax as she got up.

Fred was next to George’s bed with a hand on his shoulder, silently supporting his brother. Madam Pomfrey was giving her a flabbergasted look and sighed. Harri gave a sheepish smile.

“Ms. Potter, you should have spent all day with Mr. Weasley. You know that Veela need to be near their bonded,” she chastised halfheartedly, noticing the look of guilt on the young girl’s face. Harri felt horrible enough for causing everyone trouble, especially George, who was still out cold on the bed next to her.

“Is George going to be alright?” she asked, extremely concerned for her mate. She tried to get off of the bed, but the nurse stopped her.

“You’re magical core is drained. You need to rest,” Madam Pomfrey told her sternly. Harri sighed and laid back down, figuring that fighting with the witch wasn’t worth it.