Chapter 44

Isn't revenge always sweet? Enjoy...

Chapter 44

Revenge is Sweet

April was a rather taxing month, well for Harri anyway. Despite the fact that she was tutoring younger students and her professors were giving her homework assignments that drove her mad, she enjoyed it. Going to class gave her a feeling of normalcy, something Harri deeply craved, since outside the classroom no one left her alone. 

Ever since Skeeter had wrote that she was part Veela in her Daily Prophet article students wouldn’t leave her alone, especially male students. What she wouldn’t give for Sirius to be back trying to bite them all. 

She had also been receiving various cursed letters. Not everyone was particularly happy with Veela, or magical creatures for that matter. She couldn’t stand that people thought that she wasn’t human.

The only good thing that came about the extra attention was George pranking them for bothering her. Though, Harri was pretty sure if she didn’t reward him with a kiss the pranks wouldn’t be nearly as amusing or flashy.

“So, has Skeeter written anything new about you today?” Wendi asked Harri as they sat down for breakfast a breezing Saturday morning. Harri was sitting with Wendi and Hermione towards the end of the Gryffindor breakfast table.

“No, Fred and George have been giving her anonymous care packages that have been making her sick or setting off pranking products that make loud noises periodically throughout the day. I doubt that she’s had too much time for bugging the champions and sticking her nose in our business,” Harri replied casually.

Hermione slammed her hand down on the table, causing, both, Harri and Wendi, to jump.

“Wait, repeat what you just said, Harri,” Hermione said urgently. 

“Um, I said that Fred and George were torturing Skeeter...Hermione, you know all about this, you helped develop some of the products we’ve been using on her,” she answered confused.

“No, the last part!” Hermione urged, jumping up and down in her seat.

“The last part? You mean when I said that she would stop bugging the other champions?” 

“That’s it!” Hermione shouted. It seemed that Hermione had finally lost it. 

“Are you alright, Hermione?” Wendi asked trying to figure out what was going on. She turned to Harri with a raised eyebrow and Harri just shrugged her shoulders, just as lost as Wendi.

“I’m fine, I have to go and read a book! I have a theory on how that witch is getting into the school!” Hermione told them and sprinted out of the Great Hall.

Harri and Wendi ate quietly for a while until Draco and Luna came over to their table, both of them looked quite out of breath and a little flustered. Harri knew that they usually didn’t run into the Great Hall, so she figured that something had happened.

“What happened?” Wendi asked with a worried tone in her voice. That’s when Harri realized that they must have been doing something that involved their never ending prank on Cho. Harri wasn’t even sure if they were doing anything to the girl, she didn’t seem any different. She was just as conceited as ever, even after all of her hair had fallen out. She had started to wear a wig with a sticking charm on it. She had even gone back to picking on people, more specifically, Luna.

“It’s nothing, we finished the final potion and she almost caught us,” Draco said nearly out of breath. 

“What are you three doing to her? She doesn’t seem any different to me...well, I mean, besides her hair...” Harri questioned looking between her friends for an answer.