Chapter 24

Hello, finals week is coming up for me. Just handed in one of two final papers. So, exciting to be almost done with my freshman year of college. Sorry that the updates have been sporadic at best and nonexistent at worst. Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 24

The Very Secret Diary

Coming back from break with her hair back to its original color made everyone, who was part of the staff and knew Lily Evans, sigh with relief. Although, Harri could now turn her hair red whenever she pleased and it still attacked on command, much to the amusement of all her friends. 

Snape’s vindictive attitude was back and as stronger than ever, making Harri internally smile. She didn’t like him staring at her like she was the ghost of her mother, though her grades were much higher because of it. Harri and Snape were back to bantering during class again and all was right with the world, or it was to Harri anyway. Though, Harri could do without all the homework her potions professor gave, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Harri figured that Monday’s just weren’t her day. At the current moment, she and the twins were being chased by Filch around the castle. He was blaming them for flooding the first floor bathroom. Harri and the twins managed duck into the bathroom they were accused of flooding and waited for Filch to pass. When he didn’t come in and give them detention they relaxed.

For once the twins hadn’t flooded the bathroom. It seemed to be Myrtle’s own doing, since she was wailing at the top of her lungs.

“Myrtle, what’s wrong?” Harri shouted over the ghosts moaning. The girl in question floated over to her and her friends to give them her answer.

“Someone threw something at me,” she answered with a sniffle.

“Why would someone throw something at you?” Harri questioned in reply. She figured that it was rude to throw something at someone whether they were living or dead.

“Don’t ask me,” she wailed, as more water poured out from the toilets behind her. “Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it’s funny to throw a book at me…”

“But it can’t hurt you,” Fred reasoned. “I mean, it’d just go right through you.”

Harri smacked the back of his head for that comment. How could he be so insensitive? It was obvious that Myrtle was very upset.

Myrtle puffed herself up and shrieked, "Let's all throw books at Myrtle, because she can't feel it! Ten points if you can get it through her stomach!" she said putting her arm through Fred’s stomach making him shudder from direct contact with the ghost. "Fifty points if it goes through her head!" she punched through Fred’s head.

"Well, ha, ha, ha! What a lovely game! Don't you think?" Myrtle screeched angrily.

“Who threw the book at you anyway? That way you can work out your revenge on them and not on poor insensitive Fred,” Harri reasoned.

"I don't know…I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death, and it fell right through the top of my head," Myrtle said, glaring at them. "It's over there, it got washed out…"

Harri and the twins walked over to the dropped book. Fred picked the sopping wet book up and leafed through the pages, much to Harri’s horror. She smacked the thing out of his hands.

“Do you know how bloody dangerous that was? That book could have been cursed or something! Why would you do that? Your brother is a curse breaker, he should have warned out about picking up strange books!” Harri scolded.