Chapter 7

Quiddictch matches are always fun to write. Enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 7

Quidditch

Within few weeks snow had started to fall on the Hogwarts' grounds. The frosty weather marked the beginning of quidditch season. Harri loved the cold weather, it cleared her head and she needed a lot of that recently, between her classes and practice she needed time to just think.

After weeks of practice Harri was finally ready for her first quidditch match, well she was ready physically, just not mentally. Despite her calm demeanor, Harriet Potter was extremely nervous for her first match, especially since everyone in the school had somehow found of that she was the new seeker for Gryffindor. Draco and Hermione could tell that she was nervous for her first match, so, to try and help her, they took her for a walk around the school grounds.

Currently, they were wandering near the Black Lake, which was frozen, with a lantern of blue fire that was kept in a jar to keep the three of them warm. Hermione had conjured the flame, after being told about the charm by Draco. Harri had transfigured the jar from a cup.

As they were making their way back to the castle they saw Snape limping in the same direction. Even though they moved the fire out of his view the potions master came over to interrogate them anyway. As he came closer to them Harri noticed that he had bloodied bandages on his leg. She figured that was why he was limping, but what could have caused an injury like that? Harri moved her Transfigurations through Time in her arms. It was her father's copy, which had many notes and tricks written about the spells within it. She also had her mother's favorite potions book back in her dorm, which Harri figured would have been better to carry in this situation.

"What have you got there, Potter?" he sneered as he glared at the book. It was obvious that he recognized the book in her arms. She held it to her chest tightly. 

"It's my transfigurations book, sir," she replied through gritted teeth.

"Very well," he hissed. Harri could tell all he wanted to do was throw the book on the ground and stomp on it.

Once he was out of earshot Hermione and Draco turned to her confused. "What was that all about?" Hermione asked beyond baffled.

"Snape didn't get along with my dad, my godfather, and my uncle Remus back in their Hogwarts' days and this book was my dad's. Snape probably recognized it," Harri replied running her finger across the spine of her father's book.

"I can't believe that my godfather has been holding a grudge like this for years," Draco sighed rubbing his forehead tiredly.

"Snape is you godfather?" Harri questioned her friend. He shrugged his shoulders in reply. 

"You learn something new every day. Now, let's head back to the castle so you can show us that new spell you learned from your father's book," Hermione said changing the subject expertly. Harri followed her, but couldn't shake the image of Snape's injury. Whatever caused it looked like it tried to take off his leg.

"Did either of you notice that Snape was limping?" Harri asked on their way back to the castle.

"I did, but I don't know how he'd hurt himself and I don't fancy asking him," Hermione replied. 

"He could have tried to get past that dog you were telling me about," Draco joked, well he thought he was joking until he saw the look the two girls shared.

"Draco what if he did? What's under that trap door? Your godfather mentioned that Hagrid picked up a package the day you went to Diagon Alley. That was also the day of the break-in. So, maybe we should pay a visit to Hagrid later and see if he knows anything," Hermione said proudly as they entered the castle.