Chapter 58

Hey!!! I'm updating on the correct day! =D Enjoy!

Chapter 58

Freedom, a Foreign Concept...

It took a week for Harri to completely recover from her near death ordeal. She had a lightning bolt shaped scar on the upper left of her collarbone to match the one on her forehead, but other than that, she hadn’t really received any other lasting scars.

Harri had spent most of her time in the Hospital Wing resting, studying, spending time with George and waiting to hear the full casualty report from the Order’s raid on the Malfoy Estate. She already knew that Voldemort was dead, which was a rather important death, but Harri wanted to know the casualties on both sides.

Interestingly enough, there were only two deaths, and they were Narcissa Malfoy and Tom Riddle. Twelve Death Eater’s escaped, including Alya. Twenty Death Eater’s were captured and after their trials many received the kiss, Lucius Malfoy being one of them. 

Injury wise, there were quite a few scars, broken bones, and cuts. Andromeda Tonks sustained the worst injury. She would no longer be able to walk, but that was better than dead in Harri’s eyes and most likely her daughter’s eyes as well. Sirius had a jagged scar on his arm and Remus had gotten a rather large burn on his abdomen. Snape had gotten hurt rather badly. His collar bone was broken by Alya when he tried to bring her in.

The person that seemed to be the worse off emotionally was Draco. He had arranged his mother’s funeral, with a little help from Sirius and Remus. Harri wasn’t conscious through most of it and she felt horrible. She was his best friend and she hadn’t been there when for his mother’s funeral. She could only imagine the thoughts running through his head. 

He wasn’t attending classes for the week, which all the teachers understood. According to Hermione, he had locked himself in his room and wasn’t coming out for anything. Luna would give Harri a general report on Draco’s wellbeing every few days. He seemed upset, but he was surviving. From what the fourth year had told her, Draco accepted that his mother was dead and there was nothing that he could do about. It was a step in the right direction, but not coming out of his room with troubling. Harri figured that he was experiencing the seven stages of mourning.

As it turned out, there was an uprising in the ministry when the public found out that Voldemort had in fact been alive and plotting the down fall of magical Britain. Fudge had been cursed and put into a coma, his assistant, Percy Weasley, had been killed in the crossfire while he was trying to protect his boss. He had never apologized to his family, but they still arranged a funeral for him. Harri would have thought he would have apologized at Mr. Weasley’s funeral...apparently he left before that happened. George seemed upset that his brother had died, but nowhere near as upset when his father was murdered.

Amelia Bones was the new Minister of Magic and was sending all the captured Death Eater’s to Azkaban, with a trial of course.

Nearly all the Slytherins at Hogwarts had lost at least one parent to Azkaban. The only two that didn’t were Blaise and Daphne. Alya had been expelled since she was the one who handed Harri over to Voldemort in the first place. She was in hiding and being hunted down by the Ministry. She is listed as one of the most wanted and dangerous Death Eaters.

A few days later, Harri found herself sitting in Sirius’ office. Harri was going to talk with the woman she thought was her cat for the past two years. 

She was in a chair with her godfather and Remus on either side of her, a desk in front of her, separating her from the door, as she waited for Bellatrix to arrive. The woman had a lot of explaining to do.