Chapter 52

Hey, I'm still here! Sorry for the late update! Enjoy, this chapter is a lot of fun! =)

Chapter 52

Revenge is Very Sweet

Harri had a long three weeks a head of her. She wanted Draco to finish the potion as quickly as possible. The emerald eyed Gryffindor was worried that Umbridge was going to do something to George when her back was turned. George was being extremely careful as well, he didn’t want to be tortured by the sadistic Ministry official either. 

Harri had told Sirius what was going on, but her godfather really couldn’t do anything. He was being watched like a hawk by Umbridge. She was looking for a chance to fire him and favoring one of his students would get him fired. So, Harri just pretended that nothing was wrong when Umbridge was around. She didn’t want the toad to know she was stressed. 

The fifth year Gryffindor decided to give off an air of confidence, just like she was taught to do by Remus and Sirius when she was younger. It would annoy the people that wanted to bother her. She could tell that it was angering the toad and it was one of the few things that made her happy as she waited for Draco’s potion to finish.

The only time Harri really took her mind off of Umbridge and George was during class. Sirius hadn’t been lying about there being a quiz, but it was a practical exam, where they had to defend themselves from different kinds of attacks using various defense spells. Not everyone passed, but Harri had a feeling that her godfather was getting a feel for how far behind everyone was with their defense skills.

About a week later when Harri had Transfigurations with McGonagall, her head of house asked her to stay after class. Of course, she reminded the class that their OWLs were the most influential exams they would ever have to take and only six people in her class had the skill to get an O so far.

Harri stayed back and watched everyone leave, luckily she didn’t have Ancient Runes for another half an hour, so this meeting wouldn’t make her late. Harri sat down on the desk right in front of McGonagall’s and waited for her Professor to start speaking.

“Ms. Potter, I just wanted to make sure that you were going to tutor the younger students this year. With your OWLs coming up I wasn’t sure if you would be up to the task,” she said concerned.

Harri smiled. “And here I thought I was being fired from my tutoring position. I’ll be more than happy to tutor younger students, Professor,” she replied, hopping off of the desk, figuring that she was done.

“Potter, if something is bothering you, you are more than welcome to talk to me,” McGonagall offered. She had noticed that something was off with Harri’s behavior recently and wanted to get to the bottom of it.

The young Gryffindor sighed. She was about to grab her stuff and leave, but McGonagall was her favorite Professor and was offering her help... Harri turned around and decided that she was going to tell someone about her problem. Solving things on her own might not work out al that well. She knew that the girl was a Veela and was worried that it was getting in the way of her school work.

“Professor, hypothetically speaking, what if I thought that an adult here was an active Death Eater and was threatening the wellbeing of the students here?” Harri questioned, fidgeting with her hands.

McGonagall noticed her discomfort and realized that this was a serious conversation. She was hoping that this was going to be a simple problem. “I would suggest that the student tell another teacher who it is and what they threatened the student. Hypothetically speaking, of course,” the professor replied good naturedly.