Chapter 63

So, sorry that I'm late. I got Rune Factory 4 for Christmas and I'm addicted to playing it. XD Enjoy!

Chapter 63

Escaping Bonds

The group ended up having a loud debate on the couches in the center of the room. Harri and George were curled up together on the love-seat, listening to the arguing and waiting for them to quiet down. Harri was starting to feel better being around George. She hadn’t seen him all week and it was driving her, and her magic, crazy.

Harri could tell that Lily Evans wasn’t happy with her current predicament. She was going to be stuck in the same room till morning with the Marauders. When, hopefully, the light of day would come out and the Death Eater’s would hopefully give up. 

The red head was glaring at all the Marauder’s, her eyes staying on James a few seconds longer than necessary. This was all their fault after all. If they had just waited till morning to help Harri, none of this would have happened. Then again, Lily had noticed that Harri had been more tired than usual. She had caught the girl sleeping on a pile of books in the common room more often than not.

“Harri, is being by Mr. Westley making you feel better?” Lily questioned. Harri’s eye widened. Lily had never asked her about her heritage before...the red head knew that she was a Veela, actually, everyone in the school knew that. Harri wondered what had finally peeked her curiosity.

“Yes, being around him helps. I haven’t seen him for a few days and I had been using my magic quite a lot. My magical core and his are connected through my bond as a Veela. We draw on each other for energy. It’s a gift and a curse,” Harri explained and Lily stared at her with wide eyes. She hadn’t realized how much Harri had to be around her mate.

“But that’s only after you complete the first bond, right?” James questioned from the opposite side of the room, a worried look plastered on his face, hazel eyes fearful. The blonde sighed, but smiled, knowing what her father was worried about.

“Yes, this only starts after the first bond has been accepted. It was a shock to both of us that we would need to spend so much time together. Eventually, the nurse that helped us through the first few days of the bond explained why we had to, despite the fact that I’m only a quarter veela,” she said and James’ and Remus’ eyes narrowed.

“You’re only a quarter Veela? You have a very powerful allure for someone with so little veela blood,” Remus said, amber eyes curious. Harri chuckled at his curiosity.

“My magical core is different from others, it’s larger and with the veela blood mixed in it’s a little hard to control sometimes. I’m glad that I have George to help me with it, otherwise I could lose control. I bet the ministry would love to lock me up and throw away the key if they had the option,” she told them. Sirius cursed the ministry loudly, causing him to be whacked in the head by Lily, but it was halfhearted.

Harri realized that she had said too much because even George was giving her a questioning gaze. She hadn’t told him that the ministry had been threatening her over the summer. It had been subtle, but it was there. Minster Bones wasn’t cautious around her, but the council was. They wanted her under their watch at all times, but Sirius wasn’t going to let that happen. He even threatened to take her out of Hogwarts, but Harri just wanted to finish her education as a regular student.

Though, she ended up in the past with her parents, which wasn’t all that normal, nor was the fact that Voldemort was trying to recruit her, much to her displeasure.

“What do you mean, ‘the ministry wants to lock you up’?” George hissed and Harri sighed. She wanted to have this conversation in private, but it doesn’t seem like that was happening.