Chapter 65

Here is the next chapter. =) Only a few more chapters left. Enjoy. 

Chapter 65

Runes

Harri and Voldemort were having a stand off. Neither of them wanted to make the first move. She wasn’t giving him any openings. “From what my pawn told me before her unfortunate demise was that you had a mate. I plan on killing him first after I finish you off,” he said with a sadistic curl of his lips. It was obvious that he had no idea which person her mate was...there were only a handful of people outside and Voldemort was planning to killing them all.

Harri wasn’t going to let that happen. So, she sent the first curse out. It was a simple cutting hex, but it started their battle without a problem. Tom seemed to like that she took the initiative. Voldemort fired curses of all colors and unforgivable at her. She avoided the killing curse twice and the cruciatus at least four times and felt like swearing. This battle was getting a little too dangerous, so she levitated a bench and threw it at him. 

He didn’t expect it, but he blasted the bench into splitters and then sent the small shards of wood at her. Harri transfigured them into water, redirected it back at Voldemort and turned it into ice shards.

The two ended up having a transfiguration war. No matter what one of them would do, the other would counter it. Harri had managed to create man eating butterflies, which Tom didn’t expect. No matter what he did to attack her she would counter it. “Give up, Tom. You can’t beat me!” she shouted he snarled and sent another curse at her, which she dodged expertly.

Eventually someone else’s spell collided violently with theirs’, causing an explosion. Harri was blown backwards, hitting the ground hard and rolled into a wall, hurting her back. She felt someone grab her and pull her from the crossfire while the dust settled. She was met with the astonished stares of Lily and Severus.

“What do you two think your doing out here?” Harri asked, nearly hissing at the two of them. Her back was killing her and she really didn’t really have the time to watch both of them.

“We got you out of the line of fire, didn’t we?” Lily replied, hands on her hips, obviously agitated.

“You two need to get out of here, it’s too dangerous,” Harri said, sitting up and winced. Her back was definitely bruised.

“Which one of you thought it would be a good idea to send that curse into those transfiguration spells?” the blonde questioned quietly and Severus raised his hand tentatively. Harri sighed. If Severus felt the need to intervene on her behalf things were going to get messy. Voldemort couldn’t know that he had any humanity in him, it could get the future potions master killed.

“I had no idea that He was going to be here. I was going to warn you about a raid...” Severus replied, face ashen. He looked like he was going pass out. Harri put a calming hand on his shoulder. Harri felt touched, knowing that Severus was willing to go against his Voldemort to protect her and Lily. Lily was just staring at her looking appalled. The red head obviously didn’t know how powerful Harri really was.

“I knew there was good in you, Sev,” the blonde told him with a smile. He blinked a few times and then blushed. She had to get back into the fight, Tom had recovered and was blowing things up.

“Come out, you little brat. Whoever helped you before is going to die a painful death,” he threatened.

“Oh stuff it, Tom. You can’t beat me! And, if Alya told you anything you’ve never been able to!” Harri shouted back and something near by exploded, getting dirt on the three of them.