Chapter 64

Updating on time. =) Enjoy...

Chapter 64

What do you think you’re doing?

Harri managed to sneak into the room of requirement with George in between her classes that day. The room was covered in a slick grey stone that Harri was carving runes into with a sharp rock. They had taken their disguises off for the time being, knowing that they were alone. “Is this ritual safe?” George asked watching her carve a perfect circle on the flat surface. 

She looked up from the rune circle with a wicked grin. “Define safe...” she replied, as she went back to her work, drawing a complicated rune like it was nothing.

“Is this going to kill you?” he questioned, arms crossed, trying to make his irritation known.

“This isn’t going to kill me. I might collapse afterwards, but other than that there shouldn’t be a problem. I’m not sure how long I’m going to be able to keep the rune going. I hope that we’ll be able to talk to Sirius long enough to tell him where we are,” Harri replied, inky black strands of hair falling into her face. George was surprised, usually her hair was in a tight braid, but today it was loosely tied up in a ponytail, with strands falling out.

“Just don’t push yourself...” George told her and he didn’t have to see her face to know that she was rolling her eyes.

Harri didn’t reply, she was too busy concentrating on the task at hand. The rune circle was finally done and she was moving into the middle. She slowly drew the center rune, making sure that she didn’t mess any part of it up. George could feel the power radiating off the circle and Harri. Her power sometimes terrified him. He knew why the prophecy was made about her. Voldemort should have feared her more. 

“Now, don’t move while I active the rune. Try not to freak out, things might get a little weird,” Harri warned and George watched her with a calculating gaze.

Harri put down a locket that Sirius had given her a few years prior in the middle of the circle. She needed something of his to contact him. She took a step back, took the sharp stone she had been carving with and sliced her hand open. The cut was shallow, but it was enough to draw blood. She cupped her hand into a fist and she let the blood drop onto the locket.

Suddenly, the runes activated and Harri was lifted into the air. Her eyes were closed as she chanted something quietly in a language that George didn’t know. Her hair had come completely out of the loose ponytail and was standing on end. 

A large image was appearing above Harri as she descended to the floor. Her feet touched down gently and she opened her eyes. They were glowing an unearthly green. She blinked a few times and they returned to normal and the image above her head showed Sirius, Remus, Anne and Tonks. All of them looked shocked to see Harri and George.

Harri waved shyly and Sirius looked ready to cry. “Bambi! We’ve been looking everywhere for you! What happened? You just disappeared on us three months ago!” he questioned, watching her carefully for her honest reply.

“Alya attacked with a time turner. We were sent to the past. Your sixth year at Hogwarts to be exact. Do you have any idea how hard it is not run into paradoxes?” She replied with her hands on her hips and Sirius’ eyes went wide at the realization of who she was and he looked somewhat somber.

“Bambi, we’re going to try to rescue you. Be safe and don’t do anything I would do when I was your age!” he told her sternly and she smiled weakly. She could feel the magic draining out of her and the image started to waver. Who knew it would be so hard to keep a time portal open?